Need for fiducials?

Michael_N

Need for fiducials?

Post by Michael_N »

Hi,

I haven't placed a lot boards yet with my Liteplacer. So I'm still in the learning phase....

I've recieved a p&p file with out fiducials. Now its only a 5 pcs protoype job, and the boards a small, so no biggie I thought.
But it does not place the components correctly...

This it what happens.

Have checked the box "Skip measuement, use nominal"
I have set the orgin point correctly at the lower right corner.
When I click "nominal location" for any component, the machines places the down-looking cam correctly above the selected component (on the board)
I then click "place" The machines picks up a component correctly, but places it on the board way off.

I have then tried to replicate the situation with the "Hollo world" file. And it does the same when I dont use the fiducials.
If I do use the fiducials, it places correctly

Why is that? I can't figure out whats going on.....:(

Kind regards
Michael

Kind ereg
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Need for fiducials?

Post by JuKu »

I'll have a look next week when I'm back in the office.
instrukcion14

Post by instrukcion14 »

I use other way how to "measure" board.
I choose 2 or 3 components, especially smallest ones. Find it in list, click on nominal location and move board into its possition.
There is little problem, when you have bad camera setup. In sw is implement algorythm which can "resize" board regard to its position and rotation in workspace. Its precisious but works for me.
Michael_N

Post by Michael_N »

Hi Instrukcion14

I see what you mean. But I duess that it won't work for me. As Nominal location is not where it will actually place the components unless it measures fiducials first.

I did the project I mentioned last week. I got some fiducials made (used vias) And after that it worked like a charm.
But I might not always have fidicials, so it would be great to have the issue solved:)

Kind regards
Michael
Michael_N

Post by Michael_N »

Hi Juhu,

Have you had time to look into the issue?

Kind Regards
Michael
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Ouch. This is a bug. I fixed it and pushed the fix to Github. I'll try to do the installer later today.
Michael_N

Post by Michael_N »

Hi,

Where can I find the update on github?
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Sorry, I completely forgot to get back to this! I'm so sorry. (Not the first time I mentally tick the task done when I have only done the difficult part... :oops: )

Anyway, I did the release today, here is the installer: http://www.liteplacer.com/Downloads/Lit ... 3_2017.exe. Release notes are in another thread.

To answer your question, the link to Github repo is on the Downloads page.
Michael_N

Post by Michael_N »

Hi JuKu,

I really appreciate the installer. I'm a hardware guy and not a software guy. So I can easily get confused:)