Tape Strip Holders

mrandt

Re: Tape Strip Holders

Post by mrandt »

Hey John,

I watched your videos and learned quite a bit about adaptive clearing feature in Fusion360 - thanks for posting :-)

The first half mold looks really promising. I can't wait for the second half and to seeing your first injection molded parts for the feeder.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers
Malte
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

I can't wait either!
tapsa

Post by tapsa »

Why to make it so complicated? There is several quite simple model at thingiverse. Also I like very much of this construction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uInt3xAkXCw&t=1s it is very simple and allow compact use of rheels.
JohnSL

Post by JohnSL »

It's been a little while, so I wanted to give an update. I've created two test molds so far for one of the outer parts. I was able to fill the first one with my machine, which is good news. But I did identify a few things I wanted to change to make the part a little easier to mold with my small machine. The second test molds was to test out gate locations for filling the mold. I was given some advice on how to do it correctly, as it had been pointed out to me that I was doing it the wrong way. Well, what they said would be true if I had a much bigger injection molding machine. But it certainly isn't true for the small machine I have. The way I was doing it is correct for my machine. Good to know.

The next step is for me to start making some production molds. I was about ready to start on that, but then broke my leg while playing soccer (grrrr). So it will probably be a few weeks before I can get back into the shop. In any event, I've been documenting the process with YouTube videos, which you can find here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viwbxM6 ... EN45oEwj7z

I was also schedule to pick up a 30-year old machine today (postponed) that has much more clamping force, and therefore will have no problems at all making these parts. I'm really excited about getting back to it.
dmwahl

Post by dmwahl »

John, Sent you a PM, but I figured I would post here as well. Would you be willing to share the Fusion 360 files with me? I'd like to make a few minor changes to suit my own use and don't really want to remodel everything. I can share the files back with you, post on here, whatever you prefer.
JohnSL

Post by JohnSL »

Yes, I can post source files. They'll be either STEP or SolidWorks files (since I used SolidWorks for these parts). But either format should import into Fusion 360 and then be modifiable--you just won't have the history. I apologize for being slow to reply--having a broken leg has been slowing me down.
JohnSL

Post by JohnSL »

dmwahl, I've added the STEP files to YouMagine for the 8mm feeder. I'm curious to see what you're thinking.
instrukcion14

Post by instrukcion14 »

hey johnSL
I work on tray also for w few weeks but your solution looks better than mine. Could i ask you source of your trays? Maybe can i help you with sth.
JohnSL

Post by JohnSL »

instrukcion14 wrote:hey johnSL
I work on tray also for w few weeks but your solution looks better than mine. Could i ask you source of your trays? Maybe can i help you with sth.
I'm not sure what you're asking. The files are on YouMagine, available for download. I also don't know what you mean by "help with sth".
GilchristT

Post by GilchristT »

Folks

Just saying hello and letting you know you've someone else very interested in this thread.

It seems like you have things in hand apart from John VERY selfishly breaking his leg :-) but if there's anything I can do to help drop me a line.

I've a 3D printer, a Shapeoko 3 mill and a new Liteplacer unit just arrived today (just slightly over 24 hours after I placed the order!).

It's also been fascinating to read through this thread and seeing the product evolving.

Keep up the good work.

Tommy