cameras suck

Mart

cameras suck

Post by Mart »

The cameras wich are supplied with mine machine suck. The lens and camera are sitting loose in the housing. If you move the cable, this also moves the camera inside. While the casing has been clamped and is fixed. Especially the camera on the z-axis is a problem of which the cable moves. Took a while a while to discover this offset, did not expect this :cry:
mucek

Re: cameras suck

Post by mucek »

Been discussed already fee times ... ;) Hot glue helps as well as replacing camera with a better one (C270, Adonstar ...)
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Sorry about this. Indeed, the latest batch of cameras I got have this issue in most of them. You need to secure the cable so that when the head moves, the cable to camera joint doesn't. (Btw, this is good advice to any of the cables: You want the cable to flex along the length of the cable, all the joints should stay solid. If a wire flexes at a joint, the joint will eventually fail.)
mawa

Post by mawa »

Not only does the camera chip move it is also not looking in the tubes center direction but looks at a couple of degrees sideways!!! :o

Therefore you get a very high / distance dependent center point.

For a couple of Euros more you can get a HD Somikron camera. I bought mine from a german distributor "Pearl" at 39.90 Euro.
best regards
Manfred
Mart

Post by Mart »

purchased others also sucks, endoscope (https://www.prolech.nl/webshop/endoscoo ... t-led.html).
Who have the same problem, but less. With these you can also see a moving image as the cable moves. But these are on the PC side even worse. USB connection is lost when moving de cable.

Three Wobbel measurements with the up locking camera, a pixel is 0,041mm:
sebastian

Post by sebastian »

I recommend the Andonstar 2MP camera as top vision replacement: https://wiki.apertus.org/index.php/Lite ... placements
www.apertus.org
building a community driven free software & open hardware digital cinema camera