Best ESD Mat

Jet

Best ESD Mat

Post by Jet »

What do people recommend for the ESD mat? Black, white, blue, green, grey? Does blue or green interfere less with the camera image recognition? Also any good ones that don't create texture issues? Brands?

Thanks
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Best ESD Mat

Post by JuKu »

I now use rulers that I print out on a sticker paper, with white background for black tape and vice versa. I recommend this but if you use plain mat, pure white and pure black would cause issues, as would any texture. Color should not matter much otherwise. I don't have any recommendation on specific products for mats; I currently use a Treston ESD table without any mat.
mwtucker

Post by mwtucker »

Juke, can you explain about the printed rulers on white paper? If a white mat causes problems why wouldn't a white paper cause the same Problem? Thanks.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

White tape and white background is a problem, but with printed ruler, you can print a black stripe under the holes of a white tape. There is a link on the downloads page to a set of rulers files.
mwtucker

Post by mwtucker »

Thanks Juku.
aniaqueen

Post by aniaqueen »

When choosing an ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) mat color for camera image recognition systems, it's generally recommended to use a mat with a neutral color like white, gray, or black. These colors are less likely to interfere with the camera's image recognition, as they won't introduce additional color variations or distortions. Blue and green mats can sometimes cause issues with image recognition, especially if the camera or lighting is not specifically calibrated for those colors.
As for texture issues, ESD mats are typically designed to have a smooth and even surface to minimize texture-related problems. However, the quality of the mat can vary between brands. Some reputable ESD mat brands that are known for producing high-quality mats without texture issues include Desco, SCS (3M), and Transforming Technologies. It's essential to choose a mat that meets your specific requirements and standards for ESD protection and image recognition compatibility.