square fiducials

instrukcion14

square fiducials

Post by instrukcion14 »

Hello everyone.

today came boards but gyus who designed it use square fiducials. Are there any problems with that? i know that program accept round fid but i don't know if square too.
Could by problem to add into program when there are no option od use square fids?

many thanks
mrandt

Re: square fiducials

Post by mrandt »

The "alternative" version of LitePlacer (rmod aka. Knaster's modifications) supports all sorts of fiducials by applying pattern matching.

Basically you take a picture of the fiducial, save that as a pattern and software can find it later using vision.

I am unsure if Juha's main branch supports this; I think it does not.

Maybe @Juku can fill in?
instrukcion14

Post by instrukcion14 »

I have friend who work for mydata p&p and i cas ask him to do that. but it could be cool to spread this option for all from liteplacer community. I think that its not tricky to implement into sw and takes max hour.
instrukcion14

Post by instrukcion14 »

hey again

see that new version of SW was released and there are missing square fids.
It is possible to implement into sw patern recognition?
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

I'm working on this right now. It wasn't even close as simple as I thought it would be, so give me a few days. I'll release the feature as soon as this is done.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

> I think that its not tricky to implement into sw and takes max hour.

I'm seldom this far off in my estimates... Anyway, using non-standard fiducials or board features as fiducials is now much better: round, rectangular or both, adjustable tolerance and optional manual confirmation. See downloads page.