Panalizing Transform Estimate

ny.mccain

Panalizing Transform Estimate

Post by ny.mccain »

Im having trouble panalizing a PCB design. The design has fiducials and i have been able to place on a single board. However, when i panalize the board i get a "Transform Estimate Failed" error when measuring. I have tried re-calibrating my settings and i am on the most recent version of the software. The offsets were measured and re-measured by hand and are correct. When measuring the panel the system can find and optically see the fiducials. The error only occures after the last fiducial is found. Thanks in advace.
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Panalizing Transform Estimate

Post by JuKu »

Please send me your CAD data and a PDF of the board with a description of your panelizing parameters. With these, I should be able to reproduce the issue.
KeithM

Post by KeithM »

Finally a question that I may be able to help with!!
I have experienced the same transform calculation failure. The issue for me was the order that I had my fiducials in my pick and place file.
The calculation relies on the fids being measured in a pattern going around the board; for example start with bottom left, then do top left, then top right, and finally do bottom right (fourth fid is not really needed, but does not hurt unless the order is not correct. With only 3 fids, the order should not matter).
If you measure 4 or more fids and do a measurement in a different pattern, the error pops up. Measure bottom left, then bottom right, then top left, then top right should produce the error.
Keith
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

I didn’t know that! I haven’t yet tried but I don’t doubt your diagnosis is correct. Strange that it hasn’t popped up previously; maybe I/we have been just lucky.

Shouldn’t be very hard to fix.