Misaligned component placement

fmartinho

Misaligned component placement

Post by fmartinho »

I am currently experiencing two issues:
The cam and the nozzle are not 100% aligned however I did the alignment with the test pcb. How can I improve this calibration?

Another mistake is when I pickup this, the nozzle goes down activates the switch, and when it goes up the swtich deactivates and the system resets.

Can you help me with these two questions?

Thank you for your time.
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Misaligned component placement

Post by JuKu »

About the first issue (but fix the second first, these won't work before that):

The buttons on low right can help in figuring out where the problem might be.
- Probe down tries to take the nozzle down to the spot shown on the camera
- Probe (n.c.) is the same, but doesn't use the nozzle calibration data
- Nozzle to cam takes the nozzle to a position that when you do nozzle down on camera setup page, the nozzle is in the middle of up camera view.

If these don't help, please get in touch by email or here, with more details.

The second issue:
It sounds that you have a problem either with the switches or tube movement. Tube movement: When you push the tube up from the nozzle tip, this should happen. First the nozzle and the tube should go up, triggering the switch. Then, the bottom collar should go against the lower tubing. Only after this, would the spring in the nozzle adapter start to compress. When you let go, the tube should drop fully down under its own weight, at all rotational positions, releasing the switch. Switches: The switch that triggers when the tube is pushed up (the one with the lever on the pulley) should be connected to Zmax. Also, the switches need to be enabled on the basic setup page.

When you click pickup this, the nozzle should go down until the switch triggers. then it should back up so that the switch is released (see above). Then vacuum switches on and nozzle goes fully up. What actually happens?

As noted, I'll be happy to do this by email; if these don't help, this might take a few rounds and be faster (I get an immediate notification of emails but not on forum posts). Also, if this gets complicated, I might need log files from you.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Pickup and other probing operations use homing parameters. Turns out that some combination of homing values are incompatible: Some value combinations are incompatible. Too fast homing with too slow acceleration with small latch travel length make it impossible for the machine to stop in the space given, resulting to switches not clearing and the operation to fail. The working and non-working values are uncomfortably near each other, and non-working values can be sensible. For example, speed/acceleration of 2000/2000 fails, where 1000/4000 doesn't.

I don't like this at all, but right now, don't know how to fix. But at least, I now know what might be a cause to user problems.
robmar58

Post by robmar58 »

JuKu wrote:Pickup and other probing operations use homing parameters. Turns out that some combination of homing values are incompatible (...)
I don't like this at all, but right now, don't know how to fix. But at least, I now know what might be a cause to user problems.
It is not clear to me if the above issues do always lead to halting/aborting the homing procedure (thus a situation where operator is well aware that homing has failed) or else they could lead to an "hidden" error situation where a wrong home position is stored unbeknown to user?
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

The result is a homing failure where the switch doesn’t clear. I haven’t yet seen a case or a mechanism that would result to wrong position after successfully homing the machine.