Placement of components triggering limit switch

randomtinker

Placement of components triggering limit switch

Post by randomtinker »

I'm trying to get setup the liteplacer. I think i have done the needle calibration right
liteplacer screenshot after calibration.png
liteplacer screenshot after calibration.png (452.87 KiB) Viewed 4711 times
(The video of calibration is here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

This video shows the pickup of a component and placement operation: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing. The pickup is working as expected, but during placement, the switch doesn't disengage fast enough.

These are the buttons i'm using for pick and place
Pickup place buttons .png
Pickup place buttons .png (48.46 KiB) Viewed 4711 times
The other issue is that the z height for the placement is not being honored. The needle is always going all the way in and triggering the switch to find the z height? It shouldn't do that if there is a z height set for the component right ?
placement z.png
placement z.png (69.45 KiB) Viewed 4711 times
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Placement of components triggering limit switch

Post by JuKu »

Please correct me if I understood the issues wrong and I’m answering off-topic.

With the speed of the switch, I think you mean that the head doesn’t stop fast enough after the switch triggers. That is controlled by homing acceleration. (The height measurement function (probing) uses the same method as homing, but down).

Also, when you use the “manual” pickup and place buttons, the software doesn’t know what it is picking up, therefore it probes always. The z heights are used when the operation is used on a known part; in other words, on the run job page buttons.
randomtinker

Post by randomtinker »

JuKu wrote:Please correct me if I understood the issues wrong and I’m answering off-topic.

With the speed of the switch, I think you mean that the head doesn’t stop fast enough after the switch triggers. That is controlled by homing acceleration. (The height measurement function (probing) uses the same method as homing, but down).
I was mostly copying your values on the website screenshot. But I'll try increasing the acceleration. Any downside to going 2-3 times higher than default one ?
JuKu wrote: Also, when you use the “manual” pickup and place buttons, the software doesn’t know what it is picking up, therefore it probes always. The z heights are used when the operation is used on a known part; in other words, on the run job page buttons.
Makes sense. But the question still remains on whether the pick operation and place operation is differently handled ? The switch trigged correctly during the pick operation, but not on the place operation.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

> Any downside to going 2-3 times higher than default one ?

You’ll notice if it’s too much, the motor stalls or starts to make weird noises.

The pick and place operations are handled the same way. If you see a difference, please re-check the tube movement. (Read the second chapter at https://www.liteplacer.com/calibrate-needle-height/)