Issues with scaling on new software

rharrison1971

Issues with scaling on new software

Post by rharrison1971 »

Hi I seem to be having a problem with the scale here. The dot is 5mm in diameter but I if I set the pixels 4.4mm which is the size of the box it is way out. I have to set to 0.3mm and 0.35mm.

Any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong here?
Problem.PNG
Problem.PNG (389.36 KiB) Viewed 4288 times
rharrison1971

Re: Issues with scaling on new software

Post by rharrison1971 »

So I have figured it out. It was the distance traveled per revolution. Any one know where these values are or how they can be measured for each axis?
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Issues with scaling on new software

Post by JuKu »

There was a bug with in the software, the box didn't scale when zoom was used. So if you didn't use the very latest software revision and used zoom, that was the issue. My apologies.

The travel per rev. values are stored on the TinyG board, The software reads them from the board at startup. There is a reset to defaults button on the basic setup page. This writes all used parameters to TinyG with rather conservative speed settings. If you just started, you might want to use that. If you are far in the setup, you might also set the values manually. Here is an image (from old software version instructions) that shows all the values in one pic: https://liteplacer.com/wp-content/uploa ... erview.png. The X and Y values are really 40mm per rev. I have a bit less, as I have means to measure those that precisely. There is absolutely no practical difference. :-)

Please note, that when you edit a value, a red value indicates either a syntax error or that the value is not yet written to TinyG. Press enter to download values to TinyG.