Nozzle Calibration

Jono

Nozzle Calibration

Post by Jono »

I have been setting up the PnP machine, and got to the nozzle calibration step. I managed to calibrate the first nozzle well, but on trying the second I get an error "Calibration algorithm not found" along with two other lines of "Bad data in warning threshold" ... Anyone else have this issue before and know what to do?

I have tried to restart the computer, the pnp, and both together, but nothing works so far. I have also tried various different steps to get back to where I am in the process, but also no avail.

Thanks in advance
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Nozzle Calibration

Post by JuKu »

"Calibration algorithm not found": In nozzle setup page, you need to set the vision algorithm used separately for each nozzle.

"Bad data in warning threshold": The warning threshold is the calibration sanity check. If a calibration result is more than this value off from expected, it is likely that the result is wrong or that there is a bigger issue elsewhere. The value is set on the nozzle setup page. "Bad data" means that the value in the box doesn't convert to a number.

Please note, that nozzle runout calibration is easiest done on the vision processing page, as described here: https://liteplacer.com/nozzles-calibration/.
Jono

Re: Nozzle Calibration

Post by Jono »

Thank you! :-) That fixed the problem. Perhaps a future software improvement could print the line "Check algorithm box on nozzle setup page"?