CNC_BlockingWrite: Timeout on Command

Spikee

Re: CNC_BlockingWrite: Timeout on Command

Post by Spikee »

Goto device manager and set the com port to 115k flow control to xon/xoff.
Also make sure you have the later liteplacer software.
RMM

Post by RMM »

Spikee wrote:Goto device manager and set the com port to 115k flow control to xon/xoff.
Also make sure you have the later liteplacer software.
I think that mine is set to the default 9.6K speed and default flow control. I will try this and see what it does, but I won't get to it until tomorrow night. Last night I was working until late on it and need some time away...too frustrating!
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

RMM wrote:
Here is the text in the log window when opening:

Application Start
Version: 1.0.5742.27615, build date: 9/21/2015 3:20:30 PM
==>
==> {"sr":""}
{r:{sr:{posx:0.000,posy:0.000,posz:0.000,posa:0.000,feed:0.00,vel:0.00,unit:1,coor:0,dist:0,frmo:1,stat:1}},f:[1,0,10,8141]}

{sr:{posx:0.000,posy:0.000,posz:0.000,posa:0.000,feed:0.00,vel:0.00,unit:1,coor:0,dist:0,frmo:1,stat:1}}
Send command $js=1 to TinyG. Also, please read http://www.liteplacer.com/basic-setup/, Communications Troubleshooting section.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Knas wrote:I had a bunch of timeouts happening, it seems to have something to do with the fact that TinyG doesn't report back in the usual way if you try to move an axis to the position it's already at. I changed the code to ignore any movements to the current axis position and my timeouts seem to be gone.
I want to look into this. Would you please give me the details? What exactly are you doing for "movements to the current axis position"? Using arrow keys, the bookmarks? Also, what is your TinyG firmware version? (If you haven't upgraded it, it is 438.02, if you have, you'll know.)
Knas

Post by Knas »

JuKu wrote:I want to look into this. Would you please give me the details? What exactly are you doing for "movements to the current axis position"? Using arrow keys, the bookmarks? Also, what is your TinyG firmware version? (If you haven't upgraded it, it is 438.02, if you have, you'll know.)
I haven't touched the firmware so i guess it's 438.02. I just placed a few more statements under cnc.move nulling x if x == _trueX and doing the same for y and z too. It seems like that helped a lot.

It seems that the TinyG won't issue a "sr" response if it's not actually moving so the software times out.

Karl
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Hmm, I couldn't reproduce this. The software already notices if there is no movement to do, and when I tried, I got correct "sr" responses when I moved only one axis. I need to look into this deeper, but if you already know a way to trigger the issue (or better, show me your fixes), you could save me some trouble.
Boots2b1@yahoo.com

Post by Boots2b1@yahoo.com »

I have the same problem.
My Com port is Com5, set to 115200, 8 Bit, Xon.
Windows Vista SP2, Lap Top, Satellite, Toshiba, Installed
When I use Coolterm, the TinyG V8 responds correctly.
When I run LitePlacer, it will not connect to the com5, The screen sends messages "com port closed"?? Any commands send error message says "Com port Closed".
RMM

Post by RMM »

Boots2b1@yahoo.com wrote:I have the same problem.
My Com port is Com5, set to 115200, 8 Bit, Xon.
Windows Vista SP2, Lap Top, Satellite, Toshiba, Installed
When I use Coolterm, the TinyG V8 responds correctly.
When I run LitePlacer, it will not connect to the com5, The screen sends messages "com port closed"?? Any commands send error message says "Com port Closed".
I would try and reflash the TinyG to the recommended firmware with an erase command. This is what fixed my initial connection problems.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

I changed the software somewhat today. The communication setup is maybe, perhaps a bit more reliable now. But most importantly, the software no longer disconnects on error. Instead, there is an error state, which allows to examine and change TinyG settings.

Please install the new version. If you still can't get connection, please send me the log window content (ctrl+A copies all, including the non-visible portion; paste to a text document). If you get terminal-level connection using the text to send window,onnect using a terminal software, I’d like to see TinyG's response to commands {“sys”:””} (including the curly quotes) and $$ . The former shows JSON setup (LitePlacer uses JSON to talk to TinyG), the latter returns all settings in human readable form.
assasinsareus

Post by assasinsareus »

Hello,
when I tried, I got correct "sr" responses when I moved only one axis
My machine is working well but I do get this error when the needle calibration fails (due to up camera not firing the first time, the needle machine vision algorithm not being quite right or the needle not having it's shade in place). The A axis starts turning very slowly, so slowly you don't really notice without looking closely and then after a few seconds I get the timeout error. It's not currently stopping me doing anything as the problem goes away if the needle calibration works as expected.

I'll see if its still doing it on the latest version of the software.

As a side note if I have the keep active camera control ticked before I have activated both cameras then the camera switch doesn't seem to work correctly. If I untick keep active and enable both cameras in turn and then tick keep active then it works for the duration I have the software open. Again not a problem just a comment.

Loving this kit, well done JuKu :D