The Software drives me crazy

dc37

Re: The Software drives me crazy

Post by dc37 »

I usually end up using the command line for Git, since the Windows UI likes to do a bunch of things in the background that I don't explicitly tell it to do. But, it's a larger learning curve...
I'll try to help out where I can, if and when this effort gets off the ground :)
vonnieda

Post by vonnieda »

I highly recommend taking 15 minutes and going through this tutorial: https://try.github.io/levels/1/challenges/1

This will help you understand the distributed nature of Git. Once you understand this, branching, pulling, pushing, forking and pull requests make a whole lot more sense.

The core concept is, at it's heart, very simple. Everyone has their own copy of the repository (even Github) and no one of them is the "real", "right", "master" or anything else. The way that you move code between them is with pull requests and those are as simple as saying "Here's some changes I'd like you to have."

I've been using Git for 5+ years now and I can count on one hand how many times I've had to use any of it's advanced features. My daily work consists almost entirely of branch, commit, pull, push.
Pixopax

Post by Pixopax »

The same, Pixopax :-)

Maybe we can do that next week, I must take a rest from this, the next days I do not have time for it.
mrandt

Post by mrandt »

vonnieda wrote:I highly recommend taking 15 minutes and going through this tutorial: https://try.github.io/levels/1/challenges/1
Jason, is that you? :-)

Welcome to the LitePlacer forums and thanks for advocating git.

I believe the LitePlacer developer community could learn quite a bit from you and your projects.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

I'm very sorry that I haven't been able to give you the experience you deserve.

For any crashes and other issues, I'd like to know the details. Of course, I'll fix any crash that I can reproduce and make my best effort to fix also those that I can't.

(There has been several cases on camera handling that worked for me but not for all customers. Some customers have been very helpful in sharing details and donating their time and effort on diagnostics; thank you! I haven't heard about these problems with the latest release, so hopefully those are past now. If not, I'll sigh and try more.)
ccrider78

Post by ccrider78 »

Hello Juku,

I am working on getting my Liteplacer up and running. However, I run into an error when trying to save the CAD data after adding fiducial information manually. The error image is enclosed. Thanks for the good work on the machine. Keep improving the SW.

Chris
Attachments
Saving CAD Data error.png
Saving CAD Data error.png (53.65 KiB) Viewed 3659 times
Pixopax

Post by Pixopax »

Thats what I mean: Just a simple check before you write data to give the user a message, that a field needs to be filled with a value.
Otherwise: Crash. Some try..excepts would make things more fluid.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

ccrider78 wrote:Hello Juku,

I am working on getting my Liteplacer up and running. However, I run into an error when trying to save the CAD data after adding fiducial information manually. The error image is enclosed. Thanks for the good work on the machine. Keep improving the SW.

Chris
In today's quick release adding a row fills in the values. The error recovery still needs work.