[Solved] How to fix the sticking LHFC8 bearings

mawa

[Solved] How to fix the sticking LHFC8 bearings

Post by mawa »

Since the very beginning I irregularly have a problem with the Z axis while probing. It sometimes gets stuck when z move up and the switch does not open.

Today it happened again and I decided to see if a change of the spring #6 pressure could help.

So I loosened the SCCN8-6 collar and moved the z axis with my finger up to test the pressure and the switch. In the sticking angle position I could feel some kind of two to three "bumps" / resistance on the way up and down. Turning the pickup tube approx. 90° brought up a position where the tube moved smooth and without sensible "bumps". 90° ahead and the bumps where back.

My explanation for the bumps:

its seems to be the balls in the linear bearing! The bearing balls don't seem to like the rotation of the tube. In a normal application like a 3d printer they never rotate but always move linear along the tube.
I encountered a similar effect with my manual P&P device I constructed using linear ball bearings before I bought the Liteplacer.

Does anybody have a suggestion how to get rid of that sticking of the linear bearings? Any replacement suggestions?
Last edited by mawa on Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
best regards
Manfred
mawa

Re: [Solved] How to fix the sticking LHFC8 bearings

Post by mawa »

I already forgot that thread. Thank you.
best regards
Manfred