"Test A" keeps the motor spinning and times out

dmwahl

"Test A" keeps the motor spinning and times out

Post by dmwahl »

X, Y, and Z homing, jogging, and testing all work fine. When I hit "Test A", it starts spinning but doesn't stop and after a while the software loses communication and I have to reset the tinyg and reconnect to it. The motion is smooth, and can be sped up or slowed down using the speed settings, but it just doesn't stop. I'm using the latest software version (10/12/2016).
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: "Test A" keeps the motor spinning and times out

Post by JuKu »

Please sent text $$ to TinyG (that dumps all TinyG settings to log window in human readable form). Then, either send the content of the log window to me (click inside the window, ctrl+A to select all, copy and paste to a text document), or have a look on it yourself. On the downloads page, there is a link to known good dump text document. Compare to yours, noting the [axx] values. Change if needed. For example, if you need to change aam value (my first guess here), send text "aam=1" (without quotes) to TinyG from the text to send window.
dmwahl

Re: "Test A" keeps the motor spinning and times out

Post by dmwahl »

A axis mode was the culprit, for reference it was set to mode 3 [radius]. The command $aam=1 fixed it. Thanks.

Code: Select all

[aam] a axis mode                 3 [radius]