Upgrade magnets

johnswenson1

Upgrade magnets

Post by johnswenson1 »

I was installing the upgrade today, the PnP head part went great, but the nozzle holder has a problem, only three out of the 12 supplied magnets have a hole large enough to fit over the supplied screws. The difference is not much.

I tried seeing if I could get the screws to slightly thread the magnets but the material seems to be very hard and the screw threads would not touch the magnets.

I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John S.
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Upgrade magnets

Post by JuKu »

I'm sorry about this! I didn't check for this when I packed them, and what you are saying means that at least one batch of magnets is different from the samples. This is bad news, as you can't be the only person with the issue, just first to report. I will be in the office on Wednesday and will ship you another set, assuming I'll find enough good ones from what I have. My apologies for this!

Also, to others reading this with the same issue: Please contact me!
johnswenson1

Post by johnswenson1 »

One other question about the magnets: how should they be oriented? When two magnets are flat on a table the edges either attract or repel, this can be changed by flipping over one of the magnets. Does this matter? Should all the magnets be attracting or should all be repelling, or alternating, or all the same way but it doesn't matter if they are attracting or repelling?

Thanks,

John S.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Doesn't matter.