Problem with vacuum

ravng

Problem with vacuum

Post by ravng »

Hi.

So I have a problem after building the machine.
When I run pickup the vacum is turned on part picked up, but it never deactivates the solenoid.
When measuring the voltage across the solenoid pins it's 24 volt when activated but when deactivated it measures 8 volt???
Any suggestions, I guess it's something obvious.
Covert

Re: Problem with vacuum

Post by Covert »

Replace the FET with another N channel of enough current. I used P55NF06L I had laying around.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

ravng wrote:Hi.

So I have a problem after building the machine.
When I run pickup the vacum is turned on part picked up, but it never deactivates the solenoid.
When measuring the voltage across the solenoid pins it's 24 volt when activated but when deactivated it measures 8 volt???
Any suggestions, I guess it's something obvious.
Your FETs are broken (I assume that you have checked the connections and that the TinyG does drive the gate from 0 to 3.3V). It could be static, or they could be faulty start with. You might get replacements locally faster than from me. Anyway, please get in touch with me for replacements or refunds.
ravng

Post by ravng »

I didn't have any suitable replacement here, but I had some 12V relays. So I put together a small circuit to drive the relay from the tinyg and control the solenoid that way, it worked out great.

I did a test assembly of a card now and it works pretty good, still needs some tuning.