Cable Chains Installation Issue

sebastian

Cable Chains Installation Issue

Post by sebastian »

I am close to finishing the assembly of our liteplacer and noticed an issue with the cable chains. They are different than the chains in the pictures on the website.
My chains have the locking parts that you can "click" into the chain to hold the cables on the inside of the bend. The website pictures have them on the outer side of the bend.
This per se is not a problem but there is one spot in the corner of the Y-max switch where the cables coming from the chain get in the way of the Y slider hitting the limit switch.

Here are some pictures:
cable-chain-issue01.jpg
cable-chain-issue01.jpg (400.08 KiB) Viewed 6291 times
cable-chain-issue02.jpg
cable-chain-issue02.jpg (477.72 KiB) Viewed 6291 times
Now I am wondering what other people installing the cable chain did to solve this.

I am thinking about cutting a hole into the back of this chain and feed the cables through the hole - but there might be better ideas.
cable-chain-idea01.jpg
cable-chain-idea01.jpg (486.3 KiB) Viewed 6291 times
www.apertus.org
building a community driven free software & open hardware digital cinema camera
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Cable Chains Installation Issue

Post by JuKu »

Ok, the instructions were not clear enough, and although my machine does not use the exact chains I'm selling (see http://www.liteplacer.com/experiences-w ... -business/ for background), I should pay more attention to this. So, I took the some chains from the store and managed (with some filing and scraping :) ) to use the Y direction chain. The X direction is no go unless I disassemble the machine. So, here is how my machine is built as of tonight:

Here is the back pillar:

And a closeup. Indeed, to get last available movement, I put the plate on the backside:

To make it clear, here is one from behind:

At the X motor, my chain opens from other side than yours, but you should be able to route the cables the route I draw:
sebastian

Post by sebastian »

Excellent, thanks!
www.apertus.org
sebastian

Post by sebastian »

Btw I just noticed from your pictures that you have your vaccuum pump attached differently than the original instructions: http://www.liteplacer.com/finishing-ste ... -mounting/
Having the electric contacts facing outside makes much more sense, making that flip with my machine now as well.
www.apertus.org
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Thank you for noting that! I'll fix the instructions.
ivars211

Post by ivars211 »

Just faced the same problem, limit switches not reaching their position when cable chain is installed. My workarounds are shown below: