Problems with limit switches and homing...

Cedmondson

Problems with limit switches and homing...

Post by Cedmondson »

I have also emailed Juhu about this, but here is my problem...

First, when I home, the gantry goes to the limit, and then goes PAST the limit switch, bangs on the rails a second, and then backs off I had to add an extension to the Xmax stopping point to get it to reliably trigger the switch...

Second, on the Zmax, the limit switch triggers, but then the rise continues until the switch goes PAST the bolt, and un-triggers. It then bangs all the way up till I reset...

Anyone else see this, and how did you deal with it?
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Problems with limit switches and homing...

Post by JuKu »

Just noting that I'm discussing the issue by email and I will add the solution here once the issue is solved.
Cedmondson

Post by Cedmondson »

Hi All,
JuKu helped me by having me reset the defaults on the controller. Somehow the values were all off, and this helped a lot.

On the Zmax problem, I glued a couple of pieces of popsicle stick on the lever to lengthen and broaden it so it won't go past the bolt. Will test once glue is dry.
Cedmondson

Post by Cedmondson »

Well, that helped, but it is STILL all screwed up on the Z axis.

First, when homing, I SLOWED down the homing speed, so now it does stop on Zmax, BUT it doesn't back off again! So, when you start to move Z down, it will clear the limit switch and error out!

On Zmin, it goes down, the Zmin limit switch activates AND IT JUST KEEPS GOING DOWN and tries to push the nozzle through the table. It sees the limit switch when I do it manually, it just doesn't STOP at the limit...

Ok, any ideas on this one??????
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

> On the Zmax problem, I glued a couple of pieces of popsicle stick on the lever to lengthen and broaden it so it won't go past the bolt.

This shouldn't be needed. Image at https://www.liteplacer.com/the-machine/ ... -assembly/ shows the correct switch mounting.

> when homing, <...> does stop on Zmax

The top switch is Zmin, not Zmax. (This is also the problem in going down; it expects Zmax switch trigger, you have Zmin there.)
Cedmondson

Post by Cedmondson »

Just a follow up on my progress...

I have things pretty much working, but noticed that the visual homing was rather hit and miss, but I was working around it.

Then I was working on getting the nozzle changer set up, and noticed that the nozzles measured 44mm apart according to the machine, not 22mm from reality! contacted Juha, and he suggested I look at my Y motor settings. Sure enough, the angle setting was the wrong one. Changed it to the correct setting, re-calibrated EVERYTHING! and found one good result - the visual homing now works everytime! I guess it would try to move to the center of the circle, and couldn't get there...

Now I can change nozzles correctly, just need to get the video processing right to calibrate them...