Adjusting Nozzle Z speed

ccrider78

Adjusting Nozzle Z speed

Post by ccrider78 »

Hello,

I am having a lot of trouble with the Nozzle Z movement. It homes fine but when doing a Test Z or Nozzle Down there is a lot of "jerking" in the movement. It is as if the motor is trying to spin the shaft as fast as it is told, but can not do it. It doesn't seem to be any way of changing the speed even when I do it on the Basic Setup for the Z Accel and Speed. The action is still the same. So, there seems to be a bug in the SW? Or motor issue? Any ideas?

Chris
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Adjusting Nozzle Z speed

Post by JuKu »

When you write a number to speed and acceleration boxes, the number turns red, indicating that it is not yet written to the board. Pressing enter does the write. On startup, the program reads the value stored on board; if that is not the same that you have put in (getting it to turn black), you might have a problem with the TinyG. If so, I’d like to sort this out by email ( easier to use attachments).
ccrider78

Post by ccrider78 »

Thanks Juku,

That was the problem - human error. The nozzle moves a lot smoother after adjustment.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

If you had issues with the default settings, you might want to look at the hardware. There are flexible joints because it is impossible to get the m motor shaft and the rail to align perfectly. You should still try to get it as good as you can to minimize the forces resisting the movement. That allows the machine to run faster.