Local Fiducials

santosp

Local Fiducials

Post by santosp »

Hi, 8-)
I want to ask if the lite-placer software take into account the "local" fiducials. I speak for those fiducials who is placed near the small pitch components. Also if this finally helps the software to be more accurate in placing, how many of that is needed? Two is enough, or more needed?
And something last. Where I must place these in the job chain? In the top like the global fiducials, or a step just before the placing of the specific component?

Thanks in advance.
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Local Fiducials

Post by JuKu »

Actually I haven't fully explored how the transformation behaves with may fiducials, so I don't (yet) have a comment how much a local fiducial benefits the accuracy. There is no function to directly take advantage of that*, but there is a re-measure function that forces re-measuring of the board; you would use that just before placing the component.

The software doesn't have this, but maybe something like this would work: The system uses global fiducials to determine the board true position and orientation of the board. For a specific component, take the local fiducial and use that position with the previous info to get the location of the component. Ok, this would definitely work, but is there an accuracy benefit? Sounds like something to try and find out.