[SOLVED] Mysterious nozzle to camera offset error

Jet

Re: [SOLVED] Mysterious nozzle to camera offset error

Post by Jet »

JuKu wrote: Noting fancy in there, just that the loosen / retighten can be done only after the long rails are in place. Please see https://www.liteplacer.com/the-machine/ ... ont-posts/, towards the end of the page.
Ah, I see, you're talking about the Y axis, I think this issue effects both but is more obvious on the X axis due to having 2 maker slides butting up against each other, when I adjusted them correctly, I now have a gap between the 2 makerslides, i.e. the distance between the grooves in the V wheel pairs is slightly bigger than the 2 maker slides, i.e. a gap is required, the way to set the gap is by moving the carriage with correctly adjusted V-wheels.

That is, it's also this step: https://www.liteplacer.com/the-machine/ ... kerslides/ and the 2 before which need to be considered to.

Anyway I only adjusted the X, I'll adjust the Y now.

The procedure I followed for the X was, loosen all 4 bolts on both the left and right ends of the twinned maker slides (also removed the idler/stepper plates). Paralleled one of the makerslides to the 90 degree corner of the end plates and tightened both bolts on that maker slide. Then moved the carriage to one end, and tightened the bolts at that end on the other makerslide, and repeat the process at the other end. Then attach the idler and stepper plates

X now moves much more fluidly.
Jet

Post by Jet »

wormball wrote:Very interesting. Maybe your v-wheels are now tensioned insufficiently? Could you please measure offset error vs coordinates like i did?
I should have been more clear, I've been having another issue: https://liteplacer.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6019

It was a long shot, but figured there was an outside chance solving your issue might solve mine.

Mine is more repeatability, so although your issue was affecting X axis smoothness, the effect was likely smaller than the scale of my issue, therefore it didn't show
any change in my issue.

I did tension the V wheel correct, before doing your fix on the X axis and afterwards and redoing your fix again afterwards with the wheels retensioned.

Certainly the X axis moves a lot smoother now. There is a visible gap between the 2 makerslides after doing this, which indicates it was very necessary.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

> There is a visible gap between the 2 makerslides after doing this, which indicates it was very necessary.

How big gap? This is an indication of something being off. Could be many things; the 53mm bars being not right length, a bent plate, wheels or eccentric spacers not sitting right, problem in the wheels themselves or something.
wormball

Post by wormball »

I also have this gap (about 0.3 mm by eye) and i think it is a good sign. If the makerslides were tied together, it could mean that the distance between the wheels is less than the distance between the rails. And it means that grooves in the wheels are not sitting on the edges of the rails and therefore the gantry may slightly rotate around the X axis. On the other hand, if after my procedure there is a gap, it means that all grooves are tied to respective edges and no motion is possible except along the axis.
Jet

Post by Jet »

My gap is 0.5mm and consistent along the length after adjustment. Measurements for the 3 bars connecting the panels are
53.13mm, 53.10mm and 53.11mm. Bearings where already in the grooved wheel when the kit arrived.