Samsung nozzles and up camera calibration

mawa

Samsung nozzles and up camera calibration

Post by mawa »

The CP40 nozzles of the upgrade kit are totally mat black. Looking up into them conceals several circles to detect. Due to the black color they are very hard the detect.

I solved the problem by using a white edding type marker pen an painted the bottom white. Now the up camera calibration works like a charm and even better than the shiny needle tips.

I don't know how long the white paint on the tip will last but due to almost no wobble you will only need the up camera calibration to get the up camera center location once after you set up optical homing of x and y.
best regards
Manfred
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Samsung nozzles and up camera calibration

Post by JuKu »

Besides, the software posted today can store the calibration data (should you decide to use calibration in the first place), so you only need to do it once. The repeatability of the nozzles is excellent, when you load one, unload and load again, the calibration measurements are the same, down to 0.0x mm's. And the software also has two sets of settings for the tip recognition and size bracket for each nozzle, so wobble calibration is actually possible for each nozzle, although not that necessary - unless you have crashed the machine as many times and as hard as I have.
mrandt

Post by mrandt »

Hi Manfred, hi Juha,

I wondered if we could just sand the tips a bit to expose "shiny" metal instead of black inodization coating.

However, I have not dared to do it yet ;-)

What do you think?

Malte
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

> I wondered if we could just sand the tips a bit to expose "shiny" metal instead of black inodization coating.

You could (but I'm not sure if the small tip would suffer):
Image:-)
But as noted, with the newest software, I don't think it is necessary; it has two sets of functions for calibration and size limits. It takes a bit of fiddling, but does run. It needs to be done only once, by my experience. And with the nozzles, new bearings, tube and nozzle adapter, the wobble calibration itself is a bit academic discussion. It doesn't hurt, but it doesn't gain much either, there is so little to correct anyway.
ocmaster

Post by ocmaster »

I have a question regarding the new CP40 nozzles and the setup tab..

I successfully setup all load and unload parameters - and re-done it 4 times i think, due to stupidity (like moving the vision home marking :roll: - believing that it referenced from the 0, 0 measured from the limit switches, but I was wrong :lol: )

I've also had quite some issues with calibration of the new nozzles with the up-looking camera.. Some will calibrate, but others just fail stating that the the camera can't see the nozzle, even though I have multiple stable circles defined and saved..

The question are as follows:

On the "Nozzles Setup" tab - what is the follow parameter for - and what values to enter ?

- In the "Vision Parameters" window I have entered min and max values for all nozzles, but:
what is the "Use alt. table" checkmark for, and what to put here ?

On the same tab, what is the "Warning treshold" for - and what value to enter here ?

@JuKa:
Ideas for add-ons...
I would love to see a promt for "Home now" with a huge button in focus (selected so one can just press "Enter") everytime the software starts, or the motors have been deenergized/powered off since last homing..

I have had some quite ugly crashes due to simply forgetting to home every time I either start or continue to use the machine..

Also, would it be possible to add Z axis control for the NumPad, with maybe even A axis control for manual placement work for missed/fail placed components after a placement job ? That would eliminate a full keyboard, since we run touchscreen on the interface..
Z could be placed on "+" and "-" and A on maybe "0" and "comma"
(just an idea :) )

And last...
Future request for a new add-on (like you did with the nozzle changer kit)
A solenoid needle for setting up drag feeding of tape - that would be a lovely addition, and would be quite easy to implement, as you already look at the tape alignment, and can do a calibration routine based on the same principle as the nozzle to camera center..
I would love to pay for an upgrade to do this.. That would also mean that only one spot has to be defined for pickup per tape..
Jet

Post by Jet »

Tried the white edding pen, but had better luck with the sanding.

Here’s the method I used which keeps it flat and takes off a minimal amount...

Tape some 1500 grit to a pcb keeping it flat. Put the nozzle on, click on Nozzle down and use F10 to rotate the nozzle a few times. Nozzle up, check if it’s shiny and either repeat or clean with Isopropanol or something to remove the grit.

Doing this makes a lot of difference to the range of detection in the vision subsystem and also accuracy of the measurement...

Able to measure all nozzles on the outer diameter with Zoom: 1.5, Noise Reduction: 1 and Threshold:150 with the new cameras.