Newbe build questions

scottn3xcc

Newbe build questions

Post by scottn3xcc »

Over the past year or so, I have been trying to find the time to finish my build. I'm finally getting to it, (I think)

I have done some research and am trying to add 'upgrades' to it as I go. (Better up looking camera, microscope for down looking camera, etc.) Here are some photos of my proposed layout and would appreciate comments on it, especially if it looks like I am doing something stupid.
PnP1.jpg
PnP1.jpg (285.13 KiB) Viewed 3690 times
PnP2.jpg
PnP2.jpg (205.5 KiB) Viewed 3690 times
PnP3.jpg
PnP3.jpg (307.72 KiB) Viewed 3690 times
A few pointed questions:
1) I read that the feeders and the build surface (PCB) should be in the same vertical plane. As you can see from my photos, that is not the case in my current design. Do I need to change it?

2) I *think* I have the hexagonal cutout for the replacement up-looking camera oriented correctly. Can someone verify that I'm not 90° out? I can handle 180° off, but not 90° since it's a hex hole.

3) I moved the microscope mount to the left hand side of the nozzle, is this an issue? I'm guessing the offset just needs to be changed in the software to let it know the difference between the nozzle and camera locations? (This was done so the camera could see the manual feeders that extend under the left hand rail. I don't believe it will interfere and will still let the X carriage move all the way to the left)

Anything else I didn't yet think of. ;)
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Newbe build questions

Post by JuKu »

1) It depends. The recommendation is because the software doesn’t have a correction for non vertical nozzle movement. In other words, the software thinks that the nozzle is at same X, Y coordinates regardless of Z, which is not the case. But if you use feeders, you can set them to pick up from the same position each time without using a camera, so that would not matter.
3) The location of the camera doesn’t matter, once you have the offset from nozzle to camera set correctly.