Modular feeders + tray for cut SMD strips and single parts

Pixopax

Re: Modular feeders + tray for cut SMD strips and single par

Post by Pixopax »

Thank you for your reply, Karls version seems to be the solution, I could let the holes away completely :)

I now made one with holes, I think that is the besser solution, as it supports both the official software and karls version.
Best thing is, it is complete milled, so I can make it myself. I would make it from the same brown material (phenolic) as I can mill it very good, it gives very sharp edges and is straight.

On top you see a drill sticking in the first hole, that is my index pin, had no other 1.5mm Pin, so drill must do for the test.
The other 2mm-Pins are for exact fit of the covers.

This pin ensures, that my tape is exactly feeded in. The holes in the fiberglass-cover match with the strip holes.
This way I always have good contrast, I can hold the tape very good.
If the strip is empty, I pull the pin, shove it further in and insert the pin again.

Louis
Attachments
IMG_3591.jpg
IMG_3591.jpg (86.02 KiB) Viewed 3049 times
mrandt

Post by mrandt »

Pixopax wrote:I now made one with holes, I think that is the besser solution, as it supports both the official software and karls version.
I like the idea of your proxy holes. You could further increase the contrast by putting a piece of white pape (or simply paper) underneath an opaque, dark top cover.

I think this is the "am besten" solution :-D
Pixopax

Post by Pixopax »

I could take white fiberglass, with the dark brown phenolic that should give good contrast.
mrandt

Post by mrandt »

Whether it is light on dark color or the other way rond does not matter - you can simply adjust the CV filters accordinlgy.

I just noticed a mistake in my previous post which I have to correct: With Reza's / Karl's version of the code, you cannot set first and last component CENTER but you set first and last component SPROCKET HOLE.

I think the first would be a nice feature to implement for anyone using trays or other strip feeders. Should be a relatively simple fix; I will look into it if I find time and feel like struggling with C# ;-)

What works nicely in ver-2 is visual part detection based on sample picture (as opposed to sprocket hole detection).
mrandt

Post by mrandt »

I decided to share my design for SMD tape feeders and modular tray.

I have polished my STL files and uploaded the complete package to my homepage.

You will find the download and instructions here:
http://malte-randt.de/strip-feeders-and ... y-for-smd/

Let me know about your experience if you made one - or many :-)