Downcam left from the Pickup?

Pixopax

Downcam left from the Pickup?

Post by Pixopax »

Hello, is there a reason why the downlooking cam is right to the pickup needle?
I would place it to the left of it, as it would be nearer, so less driving would be necessary.
Can that be done? Or does the software rely on the mounting place right to the needle?
mrandt

Re: Downcam left from the Pickup?

Post by mrandt »

Liteplacer software needs to have offset between camera and needle configured / calibrated.

There is no reason why these values (XY offset) could not be negative.

So if you mounted the front plate of the X-carriage vertically flipped, you'd have the camera on the left and it should work fine.

I am considering to move my camera to the left also, as I plan to mount feeders on the side of the machine and would need to be able to move camera above the feeder to verify position of individual parts after feed - at least during testing. I have not tried yet but even if this does not work out of the box the fix in software would be very easy.
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Downcam left from the Pickup?

Post by JuKu »

If you have issues from flipping the front plate, those would be mechanical. Software-wise, the only "problem" should be that I can see is that the initial guess will be wrong.

The reason for it to be on the right side is to maximize the work area and movement distance. The camera and the needle both need to reach the work area. In addition, the needle needs to get to the up looking camera, preferably with minimum needed movement. There probably are other solutions too.