Danal's Build, Part 3 - More Foundation

Danal

Danal's Build, Part 3 - More Foundation

Post by Danal »

I was unable to proceed with the build of the liteplacer itself due to some missing parts in the kit, so I worked a bit more on the foundation. One of my goals in wiring the liteplacer is to have every single wire in a removable attachment at one end (or both) of the wire. In other words, every wire has a screw terminal or a push on connector at one end. This means that anything can be removed and re-installed with no soldering. This goal is accomplished, so far!

The attached pictures show the underside of the table. Since my last post, I've added the power supply, wired an illuminated on/off switch, a reset switch, and an E-Stop switch. I've also added a fan blowing on the underside (which will be up when the table is in use) of the TinyG. There is a small square of Adafruit Protoboard to which I've added screw terminals, the FETs, and a two pin header for the fan. There is also a powered USB hub and it's power supply has been mounted and tied into the mains via the screw terminals on the big power supply.

Much of this, like the protoboard, could be said to be a little too elaborate. However, I mostly used things I already had laying around in my various junk boxes, and it has all resulted in a smooth and orderly install.

Speaking of being elaborate, I also ran fiber optics from the lights on the TinyG to the outside of the boards that surround the table. There is a photo showing the power light and the red light that blinks during boot.

About the only thing I'm going to add to this is a ground rail, where I will tie all the shields to a common point, and earth ground that point. I'll install that as I get more of the wiring and see exactly where I want the ground rail.
Attachments
Detail of protoboard and FETs
Detail of protoboard and FETs
IMG_3629.JPG (153.79 KiB) Viewed 2958 times
Fiber Optic remote view of TinyG lights
Fiber Optic remote view of TinyG lights
IMG_3632.JPG (170.59 KiB) Viewed 2958 times
Underside of table
Underside of table
IMG_3631.JPG (138.39 KiB) Viewed 2958 times