Danal's Build, Part 5 - Back after a long pause

Danal

Danal's Build, Part 5 - Back after a long pause

Post by Danal »

External events conspired to keep me from completing the LitePlacer. Then suddenly, I need it to make some boards under deadline. Let's see if I can finish it.

As of this moment, all limit switches are in, the machine homes mechanically and optically, the needle is calibrated.

Next steps:

1) Up Camera. Haven't drilled the hole yet. I do have a Logictech C270 removed from its case, led & microphone removed, etc. Works great. Need to punch a hole in the table and mount the cam. Thinking about using Malte's 3D printed mount http://malte-randt.de/improved-3d-print ... era-mount/

2) Led Rings, diffusers, etc.

3) Corner rails for PCB.

4) Full calibration. I've done several parts, I will do everything start-to-finish again.

And that's about it... I should be able to operate from there.
mawa

Re: Danal's Build, Part 5 - Back after a long pause

Post by mawa »

Danal wrote:Thinking about using Malte's 3D printed mount http://malte-randt.de/improved-3d-print ... era-mount/
You really should do that. With the cam + maltes mount you get a very good up camera which is looking straight up. Juhas solution is very difficult to adjust to look straight up when it is mounted under the table and with a camera tube that is slightly smaller than the 10mm holder.

The only disadvantage(if any) is that the focal depth of field is quite small and you need to adjust the camera lens by poking the lens rim with a needle to rotate the lens.
best regards
Manfred
Danal

Post by Danal »

I did print one and use it, along with the supplied LED ring. It works GREAT.

Up camera is now setup!
Danal

Post by Danal »

First real placements late today. Placed 16 caps of 1206 size. Entirely successful, minus one that it did not pick up. No rubber tip on the needle, yet.

All in all, a very great success.