[ExtremePnP - Opensource, Custom Software for the LitePlacer

adecker

[ExtremePnP - Opensource, Custom Software for the LitePlacer

Post by adecker »

Hey!

I have an Electrical Engineer in central USA and purchased a Liteplacer around 6 months ago to use it (obviously) for prototype boards.
Long story short, I enjoy programming, really enjoy computer vision and figured why not start writing something that looks good, is easy to use and highly functional -- isn't that what the open community is all about? Community projects that make stuff better?!

I give you (Albeit a very baby stage) ExtremePnp (Name is s&#@ -- LMK if someone has a better idea :P).

I spent the last couple weeks learning all about MSER and some other image detection methods and wrote a lot of the very backend stuff around the MSER detection, started working on bringing in video feeds and today I would love to get the machine jogging from software -- though I have a very busy day ahead of me so we will see. Once I get the jogging stuff finished I will probably create a GitHub link as this project is going to be under a "Do-Whatever-You-Want-With-It" license and hope the awesome community here can contribute and enjoy it someday!

WayOutWest's posts really inspired me - so Thank you for that!

Goals:

Fine pitch IC placments
Integrate with LitePlacers (upcoming) upgrades ASAP
Have fun making it
Make it look good, and easy to understand
FREEEEEEEEEEE!

A teaser photo of the UI!

Let me know what you think!
adecker

Re: [ExtremePnP - Opensource, Custom Software for the LitePl

Post by adecker »

Started the object models for the TinyG and the Pick and Place machine. Got all the communication with the TinyG functional. I can move the machine around which is pretty nifty, working on getting the UI caught up with the back end functionality (using the command window to move things around is quite annoying )

I know not anywhere near OpenPnP or LitePlacers software functionality but hey gotta start somewhere.
Danal

Post by Danal »

Is it on Github?
mawa

Post by mawa »

adecker wrote:Hey!
Let me know what you think!
I think you should first look into working with one of the existing software versions and gather experience how these work and also evaluate whatever information you can get on existing professional systems. There's a lot more to consider than writing an other interface to TinyG (Juha and Jason Von Nieda have already done it).

Help the community by bringing in missing parts like sophisticated vision functions, placement strategy, setup wizzards, error and recovery handling and other missing features mentioned my mrandt and others here in this forum.
best regards
Manfred
mariareese

Post by mariareese »

I was also having issue in TinyG functions .. couldn't resolve the issue ..:(