[SOLVED] Homing twice crashes the machine

Jet

[SOLVED] Homing twice crashes the machine

Post by Jet »

Pressing the home button the first time, homes, hits the limit switches and backs off the limit switches correctly.

If I move the X/Y axis via F6/F7, then press Home again, everything works correctly....

However if I Home after I've homed (i.e. with no movement inbetween), Y & Z home correctly, but X just crashes and keeps trying to move against the stop (despite X Min Limit switch being triggered).

Software version is: 4/26/2017

Any ideas? Thanks
Last edited by Jet on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Homing twice crashes the machine

Post by JuKu »

That is a firmware bug: TinyG starts to monitor the switches only after the homing sequence is fully started. If the switch triggers while the machine is still accelerating, it is ignored. Increasing homing acceleration and maybe latch backoff and/or homing zero backoff parameter cures it.

To read the latch backoff and/or homing zero backoff parameters, send $_lb or $_zb, where _ is x, y or z. To change, send $xzb=8 (as an example). See https://github.com/synthetos/TinyG/wiki ... -Operation.
Jet

[SOLVED] Re: Homing twice crashes the machine

Post by Jet »

$xzb=8 solved it:

Thanks
fake.jackieboy@gmail.com

Re: [SOLVED] Homing twice crashes the machine

Post by fake.jackieboy@gmail.com »

Hi I am having the same issue on my Z axis. I have tried to set the latch backoff but the system does not move further away and also does not save the setting. Once I power-up the system it defaults to the previous value.

Is there a command to enter for values to be saved/persisted?

Kind regards