[SOLVED] Optical Homing Problem

Jet

[SOLVED] Optical Homing Problem

Post by Jet »

Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 11.04.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-30 at 11.04.51 AM.png (259.62 KiB) Viewed 2338 times
I'm having some issues with optical homing. Same thing happens on the 26/4/17 and 4/4/17 versions.

Dot is setup and recognized, the issue seems to be with the "Draw Box" on the Setup Camera screen on startup being offscreen when switching between "Basic Setup" and "Setup Cameras"

Process:
1. Start Liteplacer
2. Say "Yes" to homing
3. Error comes up "Limits corossed/Attempt to Move outside safe limits (X-11.004)", I have to OK a 8 of these errors until I get "Optical positioning: Process is unstable, result is unreliable!"
4. Click on "Setup Cameras"
5. Click on "Draw Box"
6. Box is offscreen (see attached image)
7. Click Measure: "X: -11.004 Y: 14.627"
8. Click "Stop" then "Start"
9. Box now appears correctly on screen
10. Click Measure: "X: 3.138 Y: 3.977"
11. Click "Home" (on "Setup Cameras") now works correctly and dot is now centered.
12. However if I go back to the "Basic Setup" screen, and click "Home", I get the error again, and going back to "Setup Cameras" and the box is offscreen again.

Ideas? Thanks
Last edited by Jet on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Optical Homing Problem

Post by JuKu »

This is something I haven't seen before. The camera image is supposed to always fill the box. In the screenshot, you only got the upper left quadrant. This indicates that it is a camera or USB issue. Try robust camera mode or another USB connector. I'm sorry I don't have better answers right away.
Jet

Re: Optical Homing Problem

Post by Jet »

JuKu wrote:This is something I haven't seen before. The camera image is supposed to always fill the box. In the screenshot, you only got the upper left quadrant. This indicates that it is a camera or USB issue. Try robust camera mode or another USB connector. I'm sorry I don't have better answers right away.
Thanks, Robust Camera Mode fixed it.

Cameras were the ones in the kit. Turns out it was some kind of Windows 10 Pro camera driver interaction with liteplacer software and the VM. Locking the devices permanently to the VM solved it.
Camera image was full sized, but being displayed at 0.50 zoom in liteplacer, so scaling was also incorrect. 30mm for the square versus 15mm.