How to test/run load and unload of nozzles

swamper8

How to test/run load and unload of nozzles

Post by swamper8 »

Can anyone clarify the following step:

http://www.liteplacer.com/setup-automat ... le-change/

"Do run the load/unload sequence manually a couple of times to be sure about the moves before trying it automatically. Do use slow values and have your hand on your reset button (you do have one, don’t you?), just in case."

I have my table of moves setup and I would like the machine to run through loading/unloading each nozzle.
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: How to test/run load and unload of nozzles

Post by JuKu »

The idea is that before you are sure you have the moves correct, use slow speed settings. First time testing, use the go buttons on low part of the screen to run the sequence slowly step by step. Once you have confidence that you have the numbers right, try automatic changes, still on slow speed. Once you really know the changes go smoothly, increase the speed. These precautions are because the automatic nozzle change is the biggest risk to crash the machine badly. (No points for guessing why I have noticeable wobble on my machine. :-/ )

(Now that I have thought the wording on this, maybe I should copy these to the web instructions... :) )
swamper8

Post by swamper8 »

So manually cut/copy each nozzles X/Y/Z coordinates into the corresponding boxes at the bottom/right and then select go? I just thought there might be a clickable button which would step through each of the load moves. How would I initiate an automatic nozzle load/unload?
Jet

Post by Jet »

A couple of things I noticed.

1. If you have your stepper current set too high (excessive whinning when moving, whinning when stopped), then lower it. Lower stepper current means less chance of damage to the machine if
you crash. Speed is also a factor here, so lower it whilst setting up. Based on my 3d printer experience, I set the current to just adequate to move reliably from the get go.

2. You can break up the moves. For example you can move X 10mm instead of 20/30 and then move in units of 10 manually (just set X/Y/Z to - to temporary disable a move).
I used this to pause at appropriate points, for example at the edge of the 2 plates, then used piece of paper between nozzle and upper/lower plates to determine when
there was no collision.