How to submit a bug report

JuKu
Site Admin

How to submit a bug report

Post by JuKu »

If you encounter a bug in the software, I would really appreciate your help in resolving the issue. Please send me email to juha@liteplacer.com with as much as the following as you can or are available (link to a dropbox folder or similar works as well). hte following would be a complete bug report, but incomplete reports will also help, and are appreciated:

-Description of the error with full copy of the error text (Software has diagnostics enabled to give full info for internal errors)

-Screenshot of the program after clearing the error dialog (For settings related issues, this is especially helpful)

-If the error is repeatable, description about how. Before taking a log copy (see below), please restart the program (so start-up dialog gets to the log) and reproduce.

-Copy of the log window content (click inside the log window, crtl+A to select all, copy and paste to a text document)

-For TinyG related issues, please send text $$ (that dumps all TinyG internal settings to log in human readable form) and send this log as well.

-Zipped copy of the program installation folder (this has all the settings files).

Thank you for helping me improve the software!
ReneeDegutis

Re: How to submit a bug report

Post by ReneeDegutis »

JuKu wrote: @experts
If you encounter a bug in the software, I would really appreciate your help in resolving the issue. Please send me email to juha@liteplacer.com with as much as the following as you can or are available (link to a dropbox folder or similar works as well). hte following would be a complete bug report, but incomplete reports will also help, and are appreciated:

-Description of the error with full copy of the error text (Software has diagnostics enabled to give full info for internal errors)

-Screenshot of the program after clearing the error dialog (For settings related issues, this is especially helpful)

-If the error is repeatable, description about how. Before taking a log copy (see below), please restart the program (so start-up dialog gets to the log) and reproduce.

-Copy of the log window content (click inside the log window, crtl+A to select all, copy and paste to a text document)

-For TinyG related issues, please send text $$ (that dumps all TinyG internal settings to log in human readable form) and send this log as well.

-Zipped copy of the program installation folder (this has all the settings files).

Thank you for helping me improve the software!
Hello Juha,

I'm having issues trying to send the email (Message Delivery Failure: This in an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification; ... Reason: There was an error while attempting to deliver your message...). Perhaps, it could be more convenient to create a Google form where users could submit all possible bugs. Anyway, that's just my random thought.

Thanks