Does anyone offer tune ups?

jdwyer

Does anyone offer tune ups?

Post by jdwyer »

Hello, our makerspace (reforge.io) recently purchased a Liteplacer kit. We spent the past month assembling it and it's working but are still having trouble
with fine tuning it. We are interested to see if there are any seasoned Liteplacer experts that are willing to help us get our's tuned up? If you came to us we could offset some of your travel costs and Charleston, SC is a beautiful place to visit for the weekend.

Some of the issues we are facing are:

The machine requires reset routinely and for no apparent reason.
The cameras wont stay in focus and they can't find the SMD tape holes.
Sometimes it has to re-home and look for fiducials multiple times before each operation.
Our wiring looks like a birds nest and we would love to hear about some best practices for managing that better.
The accuracy of the placement is sometimes off and the up facing camera may be at too much of an angle.

Do any of you want to visit Charleston, SC and help our makerspace get it's Liteplacer in tip-top shape?
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Does anyone offer tune ups?

Post by JuKu »

In the meanwhile, I'm here. :-)

> The machine requires reset routinely and for no apparent reason.
> Our wiring looks like a birds nest and we would love to hear about some best practices for managing that better.

Most likely, these are related. Stepper motors are electrically noisy, and the limit switches run on 3.3V. Using shielded cables and good grounding should help.

> Sometimes it has to re-home and look for fiducials multiple times before each operation.

I need more information on this before commenting.

> The accuracy of the placement is sometimes off and the up facing camera may be at too much of an angle.

Most likely, you got bitten by this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6015. My apologies!
tim42e

Re: Does anyone offer tune ups?

Post by tim42e »

Most likely, you got bitten by this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6015. My apologies!

@JuKu I am the other partner in jdwyer's endeavor. Both cameras were way out of focus, as such I purchased an andonstar camera for the down facing camera. Leaving the stock camera for the up facing camera.

The stock up facing camera is out of focus and may be responsible for not seeing the nozzles correctly, do you have any thoughts on this? should we get a replacement from you. sometimes it is accurate and picks up a chip in the right place but sometimes it is up and to the left by about 2mm.

Thanks