JuKu
Site Admin

Software release, 07/11/2017

Post by JuKu »

Build date 11/7/2017

Download link: https://www.liteplacer.com/Downloads/Li ... 1_2017.zip

New Features, significant changes

* New method for saving settings. A settings transfer program
must be run before using this release! (see notes below)
* Application settings can now be loaded and saved

Bug Fixes

* Stop placement operation was leaking (it can still give multiple error messages
and wrong error information, but you know it was you. At least it doesn't try
to continue anymore.)
* Fixed issue on panelized boards not finding component CAD data
* Adding a row to empty jobdata or CADdata table doesn't crash anymore.
* More stable file handling in some environments
* Much better handling of scaled displays, minor display adjustments
* Added label for default nozzle.
* Fixed issue when default nozzle was 0.
* Pump on/off needs a dummy move. This is now +/-0.01mm Z axis, which
is faster and much less annoying
* It is now possible to calibrate nozzles even with nozzle correction disabled
* CAD data file header text is now case-insensitive
* If a tape does not have a nozzle defined, it is now a warning, not a crash
* Nozzle height calibration process is more stable. It should not be possible
to get the process into undefined state by clicking start/next or cancel
when the previous move is still ongoing.
* Nozzles setup remebers warning treshold. The default is 1.0mm
* Z probing hysteresis default is 0.2mm

Notes:

This software release changes the way the program stores its internal settings. This allows some future enhancements, helps me to give better support (I can get your settings, if needed) and allows to transfer a setup from one computer to another. Because of the change:

First install the settings transfer program. Run it once. (The program reads the old format settings, writes a new settings file and exits.) Then, install the actual release.

As always, if there are any issues, please don’t hesitate to get in touch: juha at liteplacer com

---

This is way too late! But now when the new software structure is getting there, some pending feature enhancements will be done more swiftly.
Timbosaurus

Re: Software release, 07/11/2017

Post by Timbosaurus »

Hi Juha,

I want to try the transfer function of this new software, but I have noticed that both executables in the zip file are exactly the same size.

I also expected the "settings transfer" program to just run and transfer the settings, but they both seem to start trying to do the same thing (ie: install the liteplacer program).

I cancelled the installer at this point, as I didn't want to accidentally install the new software without running the settings transfer first.

Can you please confirm that the settings transfer program in the zip file is indeed the correct one, and that it does follow exactly the same install process as the normal software?

Thanks,
Tim
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

I double-checked, and they are as intended. The settings transfer needs to install as a new version of LitePlacer, as it needs to get access to the same Windows internals as fully working LitePlacer.

Further, the program internals are much the same, because I'm lazy (I didn't want to modify it too much in order not to unintentionally break something). The installer creation program compressed the two versions to almost same size (look close enough, and there is a few ten bytes difference:-)). Sorry for the confusion! Had I noticed that, I would have written a better explanations; I'm going to do that now.
Timbosaurus

Post by Timbosaurus »

No problem, thanks for checking, it's a good addition!

I thought that 10 bytes may have just evaporated...
instrukcion14

Post by instrukcion14 »

this is no bug, only some tips for next improvement

imagine that you place only R&C components and you travel with a nozzle in height you have in "Z0 to PCB", which is for these components too much. What about some constant you can reduce this height? You can save time for placement traveling in the lower height.
ameli

Post by ameli »

I installed this latest software version and successfully transferred my settings using the separate program.

Things seem to be working OK, but for some reason the machine seems to be losing its position during stop placements or pauses.

I haven't done much data collection on the error scenarios. But for example, I stop placement due to part/tape issues. After I fix and try to run again, the machine either will not re-home (needle goes up and down, but does not home x-y). Or if I don't re-home, the x-y has an offset from the nominal/measured position.

I can only resolve by closing down the program and restarting the Liteplacer program. After that, homing is successful and position data is correct again.

Any ideas? I didn't have have any issues with the previous software version, doing the same steps. I had to occassionally pause/cancel/stop placement due to parts not picking up or sticking to needle. And this did not cause position issues.
Krzys

Post by Krzys »

Hello.

I have similar problems.
The machine "hangs".
There was also a problem that was not there before - the lack of memory message - although there is a lot of it in the system and a Framework error.

Unfortunately, I did not collect logs.

Regards.

Krzysztof
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

ameli wrote:I installed this latest software version and successfully transferred my settings using the separate program.

Things seem to be working OK, but for some reason the machine seems to be losing its position during stop placements or pauses.

I haven't done much data collection on the error scenarios. But for example, I stop placement due to part/tape issues. After I fix and try to run again, the machine either will not re-home (needle goes up and down, but does not home x-y). Or if I don't re-home, the x-y has an offset from the nominal/measured position.

I can only resolve by closing down the program and restarting the Liteplacer program. After that, homing is successful and position data is correct again.

Any ideas? I didn't have have any issues with the previous software version, doing the same steps. I had to occassionally pause/cancel/stop placement due to parts not picking up or sticking to needle. And this did not cause position issues.
I really would like to see a log of the failed homing.

About the position loss: There is a timer in TinyG that turns power off to the motors. (Steppers use the most power when holding position, so this is good.) The software knows about the timer, and will offer re-homing when it goes off. The default value is only two seconds, the software sets it to 5 minutes (or at least, tries to). If you don't get the home now? dialog, something else is going on. If you get the dialog prematurely, the built-in setting is lost*. To set again, send text "$mt=300" without the quotes (that is Motor Timeout in seconds).

*: It seems that in some crash situations TinyG can lost some of its internal settings. I haven't been able to confirm this nor reproducing it. Anyway, I'm working on a routine that reads the settings, compared to "last seen" version and offers to update. This way, you will have a backup of teh settings, can change cards if needed, can move installation and also, can send me exact copy of your setup if needed. This will hopefully make it to the next revision.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Another error just found:
If your file uses mid x, mid y coordinate labels in the csv file header, it doesn't load correctly. I've already fixed this in the code. While waiting for an official fix, the quick workaround is to edit the header and remove the "mid"s. (I made a typo when I converted the header interpretation to case-insensitive, my apologies for the inconvenience!)
corwin

Post by corwin »

I'm not sure what you mean by "removing the mids". My csv has "Mid X" and "Mid Y" and loads the X value for both X and Y. If I edit the csv file to change the "Mid X" to something else I get an error during load of the file. I'm stuck.
-Corwin