Following Build instructions; questions arise

Vbhunt

Following Build instructions; questions arise

Post by Vbhunt »

I just unpacked the kit and ordered the parts by label, rewatched the Electrotek Assembly video and started down the assembly path. Every thing has gone fine up to Preparation Step 7.

I got down to the line stating, “to tap a 20x20x140 corner pillar”. I have no such part in my kit and I cannot find any parts that are remotely like the stated dimensions. Am I missing the corner pillar parts; or have the instructions changed?

I also have a number of unlabeled parts that are not obvious as to name or function. I can send you pictures if that will help. It occurs to me that later instructions may contain pictures or unique identification descriptions of the unlabeled parts.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Following Build instructions; questions arise

Post by JuKu »

There should have been a bubble wrap package in the box, labeled something like “20x20, 20x60 extrusions, corner pillars” (I’m not in the office right now, I can’t remember the exact words). It should be easy to find, it is about the biggest item there. If it is missing, please email me.
Also, the few unlabeled parts will be clear when you get so far that you need them. If not, I would appreciate feedback on any issues you find confusing. Changes are that those cause head scratching to others as well. I want to make the instructions as clear as I possibly can.