new and up camara question

Amateurtje

new and up camara question

Post by Amateurtje »

Hello,

First of all, let me say that I am new here. I just bought a Lite placer from somebody who did not find the time to finish it and | was already a long time very much charmed about this machine. So I am very happy to finally own one. I finished the build and I am trying to set it up. I did my first board with it but still got some major deviations, but I have some ideas what the reasons can be. (I have a elevated 3d printed module for the components. Therefore the components are not at board height which can disturb the top camera if it is not set-up perfectly straight..)

I work in the placement industry (a.o. as an operator) but this is only with Industrial P&P machines. Therefore I have some basic knowledge of the process.

I am using the Original Lite placer software.

I also would like to use the bottom (up-looking) camera to see the pick-up misalignment and to compensate for that. But how can I use this? MAybe a stupid question, but I can not find "Place with the use of bottom camera" anywhere..

a have some more small questions but do not want to ask to much…
Some of them:
- The pre-defined buttons (place here etc) have sometimes very strange behaviour. Even with z= very low, moving in all kind of directions, crasing into my elevated tapes. How can that be or what should be their functions?
- is there a button to go to the place which is in the visor of the top camera? Preferably with z=0.
- In the industry a lot of bigger components are delivered in trays. This is something else than the trays (with tapes) as mentioned in the Tape tabpage. Is there any support for these kind of trays that have the components (without alignment holes) in a matrix shape. Normally the centres are defined by 3 corner components and the amount of rows and columns..

PS, any support for a kind of feeder would be great. I saw a nice example that the (smallest) nozzle was pulling the tape for the pitch distance and then picking the component at the same relative point. I thought this to be a nice simple kind of feeder system.

Thanks in advance and thanks for the nice machine...