Beta version of new software, 17.03.2020

AnalysIR

Re: Beta version of new software, 17.03.2020

Post by AnalysIR »

Just finished another new panel (1x3 sub boards165mmx120mm panel size with QFN32, MSOP10, 3225, SOT-23, O805) using the beta, which ran much smoother....best yet with very little nudging required before re-flow mainly on the MSOP & QFN. They may have re-flowed accurately as is but better to be sure.

Part way thru the job, I noticed that a wrong nozzle was being selected. (I had the wrong one configured in the job) I hit the pause button as the nozzle change was being completed and then hit the hardware reset button (emergency stop button).

I then went to restart and went thru homing. Once it was finished homing it proceeded immediately to restart the job from where it stopped. I think the vacuum didn't engage but everything else continued. I believe I observed similar behaviour before. So I again hit the Estop button and recovered things.

So it looks like there may not be a clean break (recovery) when pause (and/or Estop) is pressed during a nozzle change as a job is running????

The good news is that the job went much more smoothly with the best placement performance for me to date - maybe the operator is improving :) .

Panel is just out of the oven now as I am typing this & only a couple of issues caused by the application of paste. If I continue to maintain the current performance it will get lots of use & bye-bye placing by hand :)

Q: This panel has real fiducials (vs TH fiducials before) and is longer in both X+Y. I wonder do one or both of these factors improve the actual placement accuracy? Of course it could also be related to the circle size feature being more accurate.
Attachments
KontroLIRrevC_600.jpg
KontroLIRrevC_600.jpg (194.56 KiB) Viewed 28372 times
All about IR remote Control. Webshop: https://www.AnalysIR.com/blog/
Check out our LitePlacer Trinamic/TMC2209 TinyG Stepper upgrade kit: https://www.tindie.com/products/analysi ... r-openpnp/
Krzys

Post by Krzys »

I noticed a problem calibrating the camera down.
Although I do it precisely, there is always a mistake.
The error almost disappears when I turn off backlash compensation.
Has anyone noticed this too?
Regards.
ds23man

Post by ds23man »

Any news on a next beta with bugfixes?
Volter

Post by Volter »

Hi Juku.
I would like to suggest some ideas.
1. Add the possibility of mirroring images from cameras by X / Y. AForge has this capability.
This would be a useful feature for those who made a mistake with their camera setup.
2. Add the stabilization time of the camera image, since cameras at high resolution have low FPS, and the optical measurement system gives an error.

Thanks.
Please excuse me, as I am writing through a translator. Ivan.
ds23man

Post by ds23man »

Any news Juha, is has been 5 months now.
ds23man

Post by ds23man »

Juha, any news? And can you please post a new compiled version without the bugs you already discovered ( as promised).
Covert

Post by Covert »

Juha how's this going ?
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Because of my health issues, this has unfortunately been on hold for a while. I'm getting back to it about now.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6338
ds23man

Post by ds23man »

Nice you are back Juha. When can we expect a updated beta?
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Now. :-)
Download link: https://www.liteplacer.com/Downloads/be ... 2-2020.exe

This is the exe itself, not an install program. Just copy the exe to your liteplacer directory. As far as I know, this lives nicely together with the official release, but a backup copy of the directory is recommended. I hope this is the last beta; I need to write the documentation for this version and add component measurement, but other than that, I'm not aware of missing features compared to the "official" release.

New features to the previous beta

-Old format tape definitions read in, with empty algorithm (you need to assign algorithm for tapes)
-Nozzle calibration help on algorithm setup, so that nozzle calibration and algorithm edit can be done from one page
-More accurate nozzle calibration and calibration data use
-Faster camera change
-More robust camera connections
-Optional goto park after homing
-Component value and footprint in separate columns
-Optional A moves optimization (going from 1 to 359 rotates 2 degrees)
-Numerous small UI improvements, fixes and trims
-Numerous unvisible bug fixes

Known issues
-No documentation yet
-Component measurement missing