Beta version of new software, 17.03.2020

JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Beta version of new software, 17.03.2020

Post by JuKu »

Yet another beta release, the exe: https://www.liteplacer.com/Downloads/be ... _04_04.exe

Changes and fixes:

- Nozzle height calibration routine rewritten. This was unfortunate, but had to be done. There was a serious issue with the old routine: quitting the process at a bad moment would leave the TinyG in to a state, that you couldn't get out without digging deep into the TinyG internals.
- Loose part pickup fixed
- Kill color, keep color image processing functions now work better
- Pick color function issue fixed
- Move resolution cosistently set to 1um. No more "goto 2.99999999994" style commands.
- Minor UI and bug fixes
AnalysIR

Post by AnalysIR »

I was trying out the latest beta and had some possible(?) issues.

Nozzle calibration
Should the image text below say Down (not up).
beta bug.jpg
beta bug.jpg (174.54 KiB) Viewed 17559 times
Tape Z pickup
When I tried to test picking up a resistor from a fixed tape...
Initially all the pickup Zs & place Zs were all empty.
I then saved all tapes and loaded all tapes and automagically all the previous Z values re-appeared (a few were missing & I can't remember if they were blank previously or not)
So I reset the pickup Z for the tape I was testing and proceeded to test the pickup using the pickup here button.
I couldn't get it to work. It seemed to go down correctly and then come back up 1 or 2 mm and only then activate the solenoid. (hard to be sure as both the limit switch & the solenoid click)
Is there something new with this procedure or is it me.

Pump stays on
When using the pickup here button to test the tape pickup as above....
...after it finished the pump stays on.
I guess this is correct as the part is being held. However when I went back to the setup page the pump & solenoid checkboxes was off & I had to click it twice to turn the pump off.
All about IR remote Control. Webshop: https://www.AnalysIR.com/blog/
Check out our LitePlacer Trinamic/TMC2209 TinyG Stepper upgrade kit: https://www.tindie.com/products/analysi ... r-openpnp/
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Should the image text below say Down (not up).
No, as in this point of the procedure you are coming from below; nozzle is first full down to switch activation, then up to release the switch, then more up to find the just touching amount.
It seemed to go down correctly and then come back up 1 or 2 mm and only then activate the solenoid. (hard to be sure as both the limit switch & the solenoid click)
Is there something new with this procedure or is it me.
I'll investigate. This is done differently than what it was, so there can be issues (and I'm working to clean this more right now). It is supposed to work so that the nozzle goes down, switch triggers and from calibration, knows how far to back up. When it is at the pickup height, the switch clears and solenoid activates.
I went back to the setup page the pump & solenoid checkboxes was off..
I'll fix those.
AnalysIR

Post by AnalysIR »

No, as in this point of the procedure you are coming from below; nozzle is first full down to switch activation, then up to release the switch, then more up to find the just touching amount.
From memory, The nozzle was already up at this point...so maybe I did something wrong. As this was possibly a mess on my part ..it could explain the issues I also had with pickup.
I think I was expecting it to go back down after the initial up...but from you post there 2 steps of going up, which now makes more sense.

I will try it out again in the next day or so.
Check out our LitePlacer Trinamic/TMC2209 TinyG Stepper upgrade kit: https://www.tindie.com/products/analysi ... r-openpnp/
AnalysIR

Post by AnalysIR »

OK Figured out the nozzle height calibration. Looks like i didn't follow the instructions.

I also noticed that the 3 check-boxes on the Z tab for home/min/max switches were unchecked. So they are now checked. It seems they worked before without being checked???

So my problem is now picking up parts. I tried to pick up a resistor and it stops just as the vacuum went on as it was pulling up & error-ed out hitting a limit switch. I may have to play around with this a bit more, as it worked OK before.

Code: Select all

<== {"sr":{"posz":21.477}}
<== {"sr":{"posz":24.807}}
<== {"sr":{"posz":28.054}}
<== {"sr":{"posz":31.300}}
<== {"sr":{"posz":34.630,"vel":996.45}}
<== {"sr":{"posz":35.795,"vel":0.03}}
<== {"qr":31,"qi":1,"qo":0}
<== {"sr":{"posz":33.960,"vel":996.45}}
<== {"sr":{"posx":274.300,"posz":77.000,"vel":0.00}}
<== {"qr":32,"qi":0,"qo":1}
<== {"sr":{"posz":32.795,"feed":150.00,"coor":1,"dist":0,"stat":3}}
ReadyEvent stat
<== {"qr":32,"qi":1,"qo":1}
Probing mode off, TinyG
==> {"zsn",3}
<== {"r":{"zsn":3},"f":[1,0,10,3720]}
ReadyEvent r
==> {"zsx",2}
<== {"r":{"zsx":2},"f":[1,0,10,2814]}
ReadyEvent r
==> {"zlb",2}
<== {"r":{"zlb":2.000},"f":[1,0,10,6905]}
ReadyEvent r
==> {"zzb",2}
<== {"r":{"zzb":2.000},"f":[1,0,10,6309]}
ReadyEvent r
VacuumOn(), TinyG
==> {"gc":"M08"}
<== {"r":{},"f":[1,0,13,72]}
==> {"gc":"G0  Z0"}
<== {"qr":32,"qi":1,"qo":1}
<== {"r":{},"f":[1,0,16,75]}
<== {"sr":{"posx":274.300,"vel":0.03,"stat":5}}
<== {"qr":31,"qi":1,"qo":0}
<== {"er":{"fb":440.20,"st":204,"msg":"Limit switch hit - Shutdown occurred"}}
Com closing delay:
Done.
<== {"qr":30,"qi":1,"qo":0}
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

AnalysIR wrote:So my problem is now picking up parts.
For me, this illustrated the importance to have beta version with big changes. There was a software bug, that only came up when you used the software in a certain way. Further, some terms were not defined clearly and publicly, which added to confusion. With the help of a couple of brave users, I could figure out why something that worked fine on me crashed on the users. Huge thanks! I think this is properly fixed now.

So, that particular bug is fixed, and pickup and placement Z as well as pickup and placement depths now have a definition and interaction is removed. See following post.
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

As the new software version has reached a milestone (at least in my mind; hopefully the release candidate can be made the real version soon without much rework), I started a fresh thread on it. Please see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6390.