Life happens, sometimes

JuKu
Site Admin

Life happens, sometimes

Post by JuKu »

All is relatively fine now, and I'm not after any pity points. Still, I think you deserve to know why things have been slow here, especially on the software side. So:

Late this winter (2022) I had some back problems. They become bad enough that I was admitted to hospital for a possible vertebral disc operation. "No big deal, a microscope operation, you'll be out of work for a day or two". However, when a doctor saw the MRI images, he came running and gave me an offer that you can't refuse. "You have spinal cord damage. Without operation, you will be paralyzed with 100% certainty. The longer we wait, the worse it will become. The operation room is already getting ready for you. I suggest we go there, too." :shock: I got my spine operated both on my lower back and between my shoulders, with titanium enforcements etc

So, I've been recovering for months now. With some external help, I have been able to keep the shop running, although some customers had to wait for several weeks. I've also re-learned how to walk (that was surprisingly easy, btw!), but I haven't' been able to sit in front of a computer for any length of time, until a few weeks ago. By now, things are more or less normal, with only some minor changes to my everyday life. With rehabilitation, things will get even better from this, but I will not get smooth pass from airlines security checks anymore.

So, all is good and back to normal; this was just to let you know why some things have been slow.