Liteplacer rotation is causing a translation

engineer

Liteplacer rotation is causing a translation

Post by engineer »

I have noticed that as my nozzle rotates, there is also a translation occurring, such that after a 360 degree rotation, the nozzle has moved by 1.5mm(the diameter of the nozzle I am using).
After several rotations, the nozzle is a couple of mm away from the position the camera thinks it is, therefore resulting in missing the components I am trying to pick up. [I tested this centering the nozzle over the up facing camera, and rotating my nozzle over serval revolutions. After a number of revolutions, the nozzle was a significant distance away from the center]

Are there any solutions to this problem, or any suggestions on what I can do to minimize the effects of the translation during rotations.
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Liteplacer rotation is causing a translation

Post by JuKu »

This is odd, and I suspect something is loose. I can't really see a way how one rotation would cause position shift; a full rotation should get the nozzle to the same position it started.
Do the other coordinates stay the same? (Perhaps the TinyG is some weird compensation mode...)
Is the gantry staying in position; in other words, is the shift on the nozzle or on the machine at whole?
Do you have any further information?