LitePlacer-rmod Updates

mrandt

Re: LitePlacer-rmod Updates

Post by mrandt »

ali wrote:Mrandt, thanks for compiling the latest version, any idea on how to change the HoleToPartY it is fixed to 3.5, I have some wide tapes.
It quickly checked and it seems that value is calculated as: TapeWidth / 2 - .5

Does that not work for you?

You could probably override the calculation in source code and allow manual input; currently the column is read only.
ali

Post by ali »

Ok now I found TapeWidth , had to modify it manually on the tapes.xml
martin123

Post by martin123 »

Tried the LitePlacer_knaster_ver2_2016-02-14, got everything calibrated and tried to load a Kicad .pos file.
Get the error message in the attached image.
Had to change the .pos file to be able to upload it here. The file works in the latest Liteplacer software from Juku.
Attachments
blackBox-top .txt
Kicad .pos file
(4.88 KiB) Downloaded 571 times
error2Kicad.JPG
error2Kicad.JPG (13.96 KiB) Viewed 9711 times
ali

Post by ali »

I think that some opencv files are missing with the binaries, the reason is the needle wooble would not plot the blue plus signs, and if I do QFN as tape type when placing the components the software will crash again. and the common thing between them I guess is opencv.
martin123

Post by martin123 »

Hi,

There is an option to place with UpCam, when I try to use this i get an error, "No way to handle method place with upcam".
Is this a feature not yet implemented?

Also I can't get the skew calibration to work. It finds the two lower dots, but when i travels i y-direction it stops away from the dot and says it cant find it.
The camera can see it. Error message is just to retry.
Pixopax

Post by Pixopax »

ali wrote:I think that some opencv files are missing with the binaries, the reason is the needle wooble would not plot the blue plus signs, and if I do QFN as tape type when placing the components the software will crash again. and the common thing between them I guess is opencv.
Blue plus signs? I don't have them here too.
I had the problem, that the "release" folder was empty, I had to copy the opencv files into that so that visual studio would compile it.
martin123

Post by martin123 »

I first had to build Video.DirectShow, then build the entire solution.
Pixopax

Post by Pixopax »

Spikee wrote:I have got everything setup but I cant get the tape set up correctly.
I have tested the filters and they work fine. But when I set up a new tape and do calibrate part via holes. It detects the hole and the machine goes to the right (further than the tape is wide) and than just crashes.

This is due to an error in the angle calulation.
The angle is calculated from the holes, this goes wrong.
Use First Hole / Last Hole, then it works.
Pixopax

Post by Pixopax »

I changes a whole lot of things today, some of the errors I removed:

- Job management does now first remove old entrys when a new file is loaded, before it was just added to all other components, insane...
- While placing it now ignores fidicuals, before it ended in an error stopping placement and evey placement ended with an error message.
- Calibrating tapes with the normal "Calibrate Part via holes" was not possible, the angle was calculated wrong, boy, did that puzzle me until I found the reason for it!
I fixed that, now the tapes are calibrated correctly, either with the standard-function as well as with first hole last hole
- Also, I changes it to drive 16 holes away instead of 8, better would be to have an inputbox which allows to choose how far it should go.
- A messagebox was added when a tape becomes empty, this works only in first hole / last hole calibration, then the system counts the parts. If the parts are empty, the software stopped with an error, now it stays tuned and gives out a message that the strip is empty. How it should be I think. Better would be a way to get new parts there to go further.
At normal calibration of tapes the part count is not measured, one has to check if enough parts are there.
An option to go further with the next part tape will be nice and is on my list.
- many many minor changes, checks and changes in hint texts describing the functions, what they really do, also to prevent crashes..
- In the Joblist one can choose to unmark all parts, this was exact the wrong way, marking all parts unmarked them, I turned that around.
- Added a onclick-event to the tapelist, it shows all parameters of the clicked tape, just for debug uses.
- Since the cam-pictures do not allow drawing of lines, arrows or crosses I commented out the drawing procedures, that stopped many crashes. Also, a camera reload now works without hassle. Why the arrows and crosses cannot be drawn is beyond my knowledge, I guess it is something with directdraw. I built it anew, but does not work as it seems. I come out without that, so I commented it out.
- Enlarged the Window to use full-HD 1920x1080, which most of us have. I have two, so I would like to make this a setting to use 2 screens, one for cams, one for software itself. Would also be possible to have cams and software in one windows just using one 1920x1080 screen.
- Added some entries in the tape context menu, for reset of a tape (set partno. to 1) and for setting the number of parts to 0, making it a normal tape without count value.

What I also want to add

- A check before placement, if enough parts are in all strips. That way we could prevent a stop in the middle of the run.
That would need all strips to be done via first hole / last hole calibration.

- Stepping over empty tapes is not yet available as far as I saw, that would be nice. Or is it there?

- Changing first hole / last hole to do that at once, allowing to enter the number of holes it should go for last hole measurement. Click the tape, choose 20 cm as distance, and opff you go.

What does still not work?
Autocalibration using the calibration picture did not work for me, I tried 20 times, with exact printouts, but it always find an error.
So that needs work, as it is a very promising function.
Still a lot of minor errors, but work is possible now.

Now, finally, my setup works, I placed a few demo boards (on paper) and the results are good. No more crashes so far :-) Sigh... :ugeek:

The problem is: I cannot get it up to github. So I will work on it a bit more, fix more bugs, and then someone needs to put it online.
smdude

Post by smdude »

Hi Pixopax,

Thanks for taking the time to work on the rmod program. I have spent a lot of time researching different pnp machines and found that they all leave a bit lacking in the software department and the willingness of the manufacturer's to fix it up seems limited. At least with the liteplacer the users have the option of fixing up the program, or at least being at the mercy of someone else fixing/modifying it for the community. I have had a bit of a peruse of the source code and it will take me a long time to get my head around, if ever!! So once again thank you!

While your fiddling around with the tape part of the code, would it be possible for you to add a radio button(or some way) to select if a tape is located on the bed or from an auto feeder. If from an auto feeder, enter the number of parts on the reel/tape, the machine then only goes to one xy location to pick up that part until the camera no longer detects a part there or the parts count = 0. Would also be nice if you could save the reel so next time you load it the parts count remains correct. This would make it easier for those who want to experiment with auto feeders.

Hope I'm not asking too much :D
Will be ordering my litplacer soon....