LitePlacer-rmod Updates

Pixopax

Re: LitePlacer-rmod Updates

Post by Pixopax »

This is included already, you can also enter the number of parts in the reel.
I had a look in the function, you need to positon the downcam corsshairs to the part in your feeder, then select on the tape "Set as Feeder"

Works perfect, just placed a board with a feeder, positions exact on the part in the feeder, my try was in a parthole of a tape, and it always returned to the same hole, so it workes.

Sad enough, I do not have feeders :cry:
smdude

Post by smdude »

Nice, thanks for taking the time to check that out, much appreciated :D

Hmmmm, yes auto feeders.... They would be really nice.
ali

Post by ali »

Was anyone able to place bottom layer? the software does not make any difference, and even if I put the width as a negative value on offset X the software would the machine wants to move outside of the limits. any recommendation?
Pixopax

Post by Pixopax »

I just work on a ulp-script for Eagle which extracts the bottom parts data :-)
It mirrors the parts position so you can put it on the machine without any offsets.
Its ready tomorrow. I also made a 90° rotation as I often design in landscape mode but place in portrait mode.

But if you do not use eagle...
ali

Post by ali »

I just found the solution: I should activate "Populating Bottom Layer" BEFORE loading the pick and place file . and I guess I should also have one file for top and an other one for bottom
cheeef

Post by cheeef »

Hi Pixopax,

thank you for improving the software. Will you publish the sources/binaries of your version anytime soon?
Pixopax

Post by Pixopax »

I would, but Github does not want it :-)
I tried today to get the knaster-fork again, started all over, got the right version as it seems, but still I am nozt visible in Github, also, I cannot commit changes to that fork.
I did not have much time to try out more, as I had to place some parts today, my first real boards came out of the machine, finally :-)

I tested my eagle script to make the parts list, placed to and bottom and everything worked.
I only still have some problems with parts jumping out of the tape, that is annoying, but not so tragic.
Also, the rmod-fork seems only to know 8mm tapes, 12mm or more is not possible.
So I placed the bigger parts by hand.
pcb.jpg
pcb.jpg (167.43 KiB) Viewed 8952 times
cheeef

Post by cheeef »

Good job, the placement looks really accurate! I'm still trying to get a better accuracy with my machine. Were you able to place the QFN chip automatically?

I'm using git at work but I can't help you with github since I've never used it. It might be easier to maintain your own fork without pushing your changes back to original
repo.
Pixopax

Post by Pixopax »

The software crashes in the moment I try to take a picture from the component, so that does not work with QFNs.
I only placed 8mm tapes, something else is not possible in this version.

I also came into trouble in a strip to the far left of the table, the software refused to add the tape, it went doen 2 holes then crashed.
I placed the tape further to the right, then it was ok, no Idea what that was.

Also, I had trouble with the Z-Axis, the needle calibration did not work correct, as the air tube in the hollow axis started to modify the position of the needle, I could see that in the cam, everytime the air tube rotated back the needle made a jump.

My todo-List is: Add other tape formats as 8mm, renew the Z-Axis with the parts Malte showed us, add a pressure sensor, as I had some parts not picked up.
mrandt

Post by mrandt »

Hi Louis,

nice boards - I like the combination of milling and V-scoring on your panel.

Do you have Misumi account to buy the parts for the Z-enhancements? If not, ping me and I might be able to help.

Regarding git, let me know if you want support. I'd be happy to help, as I see a benefit for all of us in enabling you to share your work :-D

Regards
Malte