so far so good...

mrandt

Re: so far so good...

Post by mrandt »

Atronik wrote:I am a happy customer of altrernative linear rails. There are high accuracy and reasonable price - about 63 Euro 1m rail and 1 pc carriage.
Hi Artur,

thanks for that hint. Looks very interesting - especially as those parts would be relatively easy to source within the EU, no customs or extra taxes.

I guess if the tolerances are tight enough, these babies could provide pretty good linear accuracy for a very reasonable price.

I'd assume they would range somewhere between the maker slide + plastic V-wheels and precision made steel rails with ball bearing carriage.

If I understand correctly, the rails are made from alumium and the wheels are made from steel?

Do you know if the aluminium profiles are extruded or precision milled?

When mounted on top of 20x80, 30x60 or even 40-x aluminium extrusions for support, the stiffness should be more than sufficient. The M8mm T-Nut on the bottom would allow for easy mounting of the rails.

Are you using those on your LitePlacer? Have pictures?

Thanks and regards
Malte
Pixopax

Post by Pixopax »

I am currently building my liteplacer, and found that the two makerslides hat uneven space in between them
So I milled a few aluminium parts to keep them together.

Now they are tighter together, but still 0.1 mm space difference from left to right.
My wheels wobble too.

Louis
Attachments
IMG_3578.JPG
IMG_3578.JPG (59.62 KiB) Viewed 2231 times
IMG_3579.JPG
IMG_3579.JPG (138.67 KiB) Viewed 2231 times
mrandt

Post by mrandt »

Thanks for sharing.

As I posted earlier, I 3D-printed the following part to solve the same issue:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:503437

Your aluminium spacers might be a bit mor durable though :-)

You should replace or fix the wobbling wheels... It might become a problem in the long run.