Site Admin

Software release, 20/12/2017

Post by JuKu »

Build date 12/20/2017

Download link: Withdrawn, see below.

New Features, significant changes

* It is now possible to save and reload control board parameters

Bug Fixes

* Garbage collection is now forced to run, greatly adding stability on some systems
* More robust nozzle change
* When setting up nozzle changes, clicking header in goto start position (no nozzle selected) doesn't crash anymore
* Rotation coordinate now shows on status display at startup
* Rotation coordinate now stored in bookmarks
* Better diagnostics on serial port errors
* Homing is now offered when recovering from serial port errors
* Internal code improvements, more logging information in certain situations
* Fixed a typo that prevented CAD files with Mid X/Mid Y coordinates to load correctly

Notes:

Proceed with caution; I do believe this version to be stable, but it has not gone trough normal testing. It is released because of the importance of the garbage collection feature/bug fix.

If you are updating from a version earlier than May 2017, you must run a settings transfer program before updating to this release. (You do get a warning message on startup about this). First download and install the settings transfer program: http://www.liteplacer.com/Downloads/Lit ... 7_2017.exe. It will install just like the regular LitePlacer, and will be named as liteplacer.exe (it needs to look like a normal LitePlacer program to the system to gain access to old format program settings). Run it once. The program reads the old format settings, writes a new settings file and exits. Then, install the actual release.
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Software release, 20/12/2017

Post by JuKu »

This actually had an older .exe inside! :( :oops: In other words, this "release" actually did nothing. I made a real release today: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6043&p=8992. My apologies for the trouble and the mishap.