What is the accuracy.

bhaven.mehta@gmail.com

What is the accuracy.

Post by bhaven.mehta@gmail.com »

I am trying to place an IC which has a PG-USON-8-1 package. The pitch for the pins are 0.5mm and the pins are under the body. Do you think you machine will be able to place the IC?? If yes, I would like to see the demo before I purchase it. Genuinely interested in purchasing one.
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: What is the accuracy.

Post by JuKu »

It is possible, but close to the capabilities. I don't (yet) have correction for part pickup inaccuracy in my software (OpenPnP does, and LitePlacer is compatible with that software, too). In other words, the parts are loose in the tape pockets, and the error associated with that is likely too large. If we can eliminate that, I think the part is placeable. You would need a jig of some sort, maybe a stencil based or even simpler. Putting the part in a jig gives it a precise pickup location, and 0.5mm pitch is doable with that method. Please see https://www.liteplacer.com/setting-part ... placement/ for details.

I try to shoot some video on this, but I don't think I can do that this month, there are too many issues on my table right now.