What if a part strip becomes empty

Pixopax

What if a part strip becomes empty

Post by Pixopax »

If I need, let's say, 100 capacitors on a board, but I only have room for 40 on the table,

- does the vision detect that the strip if empty
- can I remove the empty strip and put a full one on the table and then go further in placing all parts?

Also, is it possible to put more than one strip with the same component on the table and the software changes to then next strip if one becomes empty?

I consider buying a kit, but need to know if this works, as I sometimes have many parts on a board which are the same.
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: What if a part strip becomes empty

Post by JuKu »

Currently:

> does the vision detect that the strip if empty

Yes, but it considers it as a failure and stops.

> can I remove the empty strip and put a full one on the table and then go further in placing all parts?

If I understood you correctly, no.

> Also, is it possible to put more than one strip with the same component on the table and the software changes to then next strip if one becomes empty?

Not directly. You can divide manually: Instead of 80 pieces of 10k resistor, have 40 pieces of 10k(A) and 10k(B),

That said, ability to recover from errors is the most requested feature, implying keeping count what components are placed and what are not. The concept of tape capacity and more than one tape of same component are also wished for and too useful not to add. I have no date, but I will add these.
mrandt

Post by mrandt »

> Also, is it possible to put more than one strip with the same component on the table and the software changes to then next strip if one becomes empty?
This sounds like a nice feature request to me. Requires some sort of inventory keeping, i.e. how many parts left on a tape.

Thumbs up for this one!

:-)
Pixopax

Post by Pixopax »

JuKu wrote:Currently:

> does the vision detect that the strip if empty
Yes, but it considers it as a failure and stops.
How does it detect it? By vision, i.e., it does not find a hole where it expects one?
JuKu
Site Admin

Post by JuKu »

Correct.
MrPix

Post by MrPix »

JuKu wrote:That said, ability to recover from errors is the most requested feature, implying keeping count what components are placed and what are not. The concept of tape capacity and more than one tape of same component are also wished for and too useful not to add. I have no date, but I will add these.
This is a concern for me. Without a larger work area, there's only so long a single tape can be.

Did you add either of these features?

Is it an option to replace the left and right rails with longer rails to increase the depth of the work area? (Although it strikes me the smart move is to lengthen the back, front and moving rail, as movements on this rail have the highest accuracy and repeatability)....