Openpnp

Flavor

Re: Openpnp

Post by Flavor »

sebastian wrote:
Flavor wrote: UPDATE: We did get the homing fiducial to work. It turns out that it can ONLY be a white (light) dot inside of a black (dark) area. I assume all fiducials are like that until the (potential) new update comes out with a fiducial pipeline.
Correct, see: https://wiki.apertus.org/index.php/Lite ... ual_Homing
Yeah, we're using your fiducial PNG, now. One issue is that it didn't seem that your published machine.xml had any fiducial-home stuff in it. Is that an old XML, or did you stop using the homing fiducial?
Pixopax

Post by Pixopax »

The pressure sensor thing sound interesting, seems to work now. So I will give it a new try in a few days, hopefully, it will work now completely :-)
sebastian

Post by sebastian »

Flavor wrote: Yeah, we're using your fiducial PNG, now. One issue is that it didn't seem that your published machine.xml had any fiducial-home stuff in it. Is that an old XML, or did you stop using the homing fiducial?
The posted machine.xml does not include the homing fiducial as that might confuse people who do not have the fiducial in place and the machine starts moving around after homing.
www.apertus.org
building a community driven free software & open hardware digital cinema camera
Pixopax

Post by Pixopax »

Hi, I try to set up vacuum sensing. The docs are a bit disturbing about that, the video in the doc is too old as it seems.

I use the command $ADC0, which works.

I set up a actuator, and added the ACTUATOR_READ_COMMAND as $ADC0"
Then I tried the ACTUATOR_READ_REGEX, but that does not seem to work. What do I need to enter there?

If I try the actuator the log says this:

2017-11-27 20:56:16 GcodeDriver DEBUG: sendCommand($ADC0, 5000)...
2017-11-27 20:56:16 GcodeDriver TRACE: [COM10] >> $ADC0
2017-11-27 20:56:16 GcodeDriver TRACE: [COM10] << 461
2017-11-27 20:56:16 GcodeDriver TRACE: [COM10] << tinyg [mm] ok>
2017-11-27 20:56:16 GcodeDriver DEBUG: sendCommand(COM10 $ADC0, 5000) => [461, tinyg [mm] ok>]
2017-11-27 20:56:16 ReferenceActuator DEBUG: H1VAC.read(): null

TinyG works, but the value is not read correctly.
Pixopax

Post by Pixopax »

Uha...I got it!

I added a
(?<Value>\d+)
in the Actuator_READ_REGEX.
Since the tinyG only gives the value without anything else that is enough..

So for the
ACTUATOR_READ_COMMAND you enter $ADC0
ACTUATOR_READ_REGEX you enter (?<Value>\d+)
Markk

Post by Markk »

Hi

all these posts (and others) helped me a great deal to find a working solution. I've just documented the finished vacuum sensor setup. Hope its useful:

https://makr.zone/vacuum-sensor/192/

See it working in dry run here:

_Markk
santosp

Post by santosp »

Hello,
Making my first steps on openpnp, I have some difficulties.
Has someone to propose me a guide to how to set up the load/unload operation different tip on head nozzle?
santosp

Post by santosp »

santosp wrote:Has someone to propose me a guide to how to set up the load/unload operation different tip on head nozzle?
Ok, finally I found that. :) Except to setup the different nozzle tips, you must also enable the "Changer Enabled?" tag in the Reference Nozzle Settings.
santosp

Post by santosp »

One more problem! Is any guide in the world who will explain how to work someone with the "pipelines", and what he to expect to see on screen there? :?:
I try to learn the machine to recognise "fiducials", but contrary to liteplacer software , I see only some settings which not change anything at all in my screen.
Can someone who managed to operate it, to explain the process to me?
paxiao

Post by paxiao »

In the openpnp setup, it was necessary to choose the driver that most appropriately fits the CNC being used. They recommend a gcode driver and the images they show for setup make it seem as though when I expand the drivers it should be an option I could choose. However all I see is NullDriver. Does anyone know how I would get openpnp to use a gcode driver?
2020-08-19.png
2020-08-19.png (227.76 KiB) Viewed 41323 times