Connection adapter for samsung nozzle adapter to 5mm stepper

Stencils, paste, ovens, ...
mawa

Connection adapter for samsung nozzle adapter to 5mm stepper

Post by mawa »

Hello everybody,

after successfully upgrading my liteplacer with Juhas nozzle changer I am continuing my effort to enhance the machine further with a 4 - head gantry.

The 4 steppers for the nozzle are NEMA8 with a 5mm hollow shaft. They are moved in pairs by 2 NEMA17 and are running on 10mm linear bearings.

The head gantry is 3d printed and works very nice sofar.

I ordered 3 additional adapters when I upgraded and Juha was so kind to deliver them together with the upgrade.

No I am facing a mechanical problem which I underestimated: to connect the samsung nozzle adapter with its 5mm threaded end to the 5 mm hollow shaft of the NEMA8 steppers.

I tried several solutions (already 5 versions 3D printed adapters) all of which failed because there was a noticable wobble. Even the latest, where I have a 18mm deep 5mm hole on one side, an embeded 5mm thread (4.2mm and then cut with 3step 5mm taps) and a 5mm deep 7 mm diameter hole for the samsung adapter to prevent any bad influence of the 5mm thread. Probably my CTCmakerbot clone has a slightly tilted Z axis.

Question: does anyone know a source for a suitable adapter?
best regards
Manfred
mike58

Re: Connection adapter for samsung nozzle adapter to 5mm ste

Post by mike58 »

Hello,
How did you solve this problem of 5mm shaft on stepper with M5 thread on Nozzle holder ?
Mike
mawa

Re: Connection adapter for samsung nozzle adapter to 5mm ste

Post by mawa »

Hello Mike,
I gave up my plan to expand the liteplacer to 4 heads. :(
Not because of the adapter but because of the overall cost (money and craftsmanship) for vacuum valves and stepper controller plus software (I would have needed to control 6 steppers).

Due to the fact that my projects demands to place 50 LEDS and 50 0603 Caps on each PCB I am concentrating on getting a set of feeders running that run the parts right off the reels.
best regards
Manfred