Visual Homing Issues with OpenPnP?

hube268

Visual Homing Issues with OpenPnP?

Post by hube268 »

Hey Everyone,
I've got my Liteplacer up and running but now I am trying to use OpenPnP. I was able to get the visual homing working fairly easily on the LitePlacer software but have struggled to get it to work on OpenPnP. I just followed the instructions on the OpenPnP wiki page. (https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/wiki/Visual-Homing). I also adjusted the visual pipeline and from what I can tell it detects the circle.

Is there some trick that I'm missing? Any advice or resources to share would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
Stephen
doppelgrau

Re: Visual Homing Issues with OpenPnP?

Post by doppelgrau »

If you place the camera near the home-fiducial and you open the pipeline editor, you should be able to see if the circle is detected or not (IIRC I needed to invert the colors to make it work).
Consider joining the OpenPNP discord server, guess there you get more/faster help.
hube268

Re: Visual Homing Issues with OpenPnP?

Post by hube268 »

doppelgrau wrote:If you place the camera near the home-fiducial and you open the pipeline editor, you should be able to see if the circle is detected or not (IIRC I needed to invert the colors to make it work).
Consider joining the OpenPNP discord server, guess there you get more/faster help.
Thanks for the feedback. I eventually got it working. I had to adjust my brightness/contrast on my camera a bit.

Thanks for the heads up on the OpenPnP Discord server, I'll get on it.

Vision is working pretty well except for the bottom camera... That's the last challenge..