Sudden stops

BeLu

Sudden stops

Post by BeLu »

Hey there

The liteplacer at our university has been running flawlessly for a few weeks now with OpenPnP. Recently a problem has come up and it is that the machine just suddenly stops. While it is making a move it suddenly stops the stepper motors on the spot, drops the part and after a while, a connection error occurs.

Has anyone had this problem, if so, how do I fix it?

Your help is much appreciated.
Greetings
Ben Luyck
Uhasselt university
JuKu
Site Admin

Re: Sudden stops

Post by JuKu »

Since it has been working, I would assume a hardware issue. This sounds like a control board reset. Since it was working, some connection has come loose. Check your wiring, especially look for cables that could bend from the connection when the machine moves. If the software has a serial connection log and it is a limit switch issue, there is an error message in the log. Of course, it can be that a power supply or the control board is on the way out; these would be hard to diagnose, because in that case, the machine becomes unusable before something fails for good.

Good luck in bug hunting! If it turns out to be a control board still under warranty and bought from me, please get in touch by email. And if you get more hints, please post again.